Quinoa Flour Cookies: The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
The thought of going gluten free can be intimidating. A lot of people think a gluten free diet means spending more money and sacrificing all their fav foods. Fortunately, they’re wrong on both counts. If you’re careful and creative, you can stick to a gluten free diet and a budget. For more info, check out my grocery shopping secrets and tips on how to go gluten free. Furthermore, you can still enjoy many of your favorite dishes and treats including cookies. These quinoa flour cookies are one of my favorite quinoa cookies recipes, and they just happen to be the absolute best gluten free chocolate chip cookies around.
Even if you aren’t living a gluten free lifestyle, I highly recommend trying these quinoa flour cookies (and other quinoa cookies recipes like these M&M quinoa cookies) because of all the healthy benefits of quinoa. Quinoa is a complete protein containing all 9 essential amino acids, high in fiber, and is rich in vitamins and minerals we need to lead healthy lives like iron and lysine. Bonus: Since quinoa is pretty high in fiber you’ll find that just one of these quinoa flour cookies is pretty filling and will help you stave off additional snacking!
This quinoa cookies recipe is a delightful way to sneak some much needed nutrition into your little one’s diet. 😉 Trust me, he or she will love these quinoa flour cookies complete with chocolate chips.
Despite all their health benefits, these quinoa flour cookies are no more difficult to make than any other basic cookie recipe, so you’re really getting a lot of bang for your buck (or in this case for your time). You can make a batch of these yummy quinoa flour cookies in under 40 minutes (including the 10 minutes needed for baking). Not too shabby, right?
If this quinoa cookies recipe sells you on at least trying a gluten free diet, be sure to try these other gluten free recipes:
AND these 21 gluten free lunch ideas.
One last note: Try not to scarf down all of these quinoa flour cookies in one sitting!
1. Preheat oven to 350°, and grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, toast quinoa flour on medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
3. Add melted coconut oil and brown sugar to a large bowl and mix for 2-3 minutes using a hand or stand mixer.
4. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Mix in toasted quinoa flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
7. Using a spoon, scoop out small balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove and allow to cool (at least slightly).
10. Enjoy your quinoa flour cookies!
Have you tried this quinoa cookies recipe? What did you think? Share your feedback in the comments (please)!
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°, and grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, toast quinoa flour on medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil and brown sugar to a large bowl and mix for 2-3 minutes using a hand or stand mixer.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in toasted quinoa flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop out small balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool (at least slightly).
- Enjoy your quinoa flour cookies!