If your family is like most (including mine), you want to eat delicious food but you need to adhere to a budget. Here are 26 easy and cheap meals to cook, and if you need more inspiration check out these cheap meals for large families.
26 Cheap Meals to Cook
Here I’ve rounded up some of my favorite easy, cheap meals that you can cook at home.
Cheap Chicken Meals to Cook
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you’re craving a delicious Italian dish, try this recipe! This Italian recipe sounds intimidating but is actually really easy (not to mention cheap).
2. Crockpot Chicken Marsala (Freebie Finding Mom) – This is another chicken dish that’s a little out-of-the-box, but it’s so delicious that you’ll be glad you tried it. And because it’s made in a crockpot, there’s very little clean-up. (That’s what I call a win-win!)
3. Crockpot Chicken Sausage and Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – This meal is so rich, so good, you’ll swear it’s more expensive than it actually is. Bonus: the chicken sausage makes it better for you, and you can even kick the healthiness up a notch by serving it over vegetables.
4. Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken (Freebie Finding Mom) – This is a delicious, interesting alternative to your typical chicken and vegetable slow cooker recipe.
5. Cajun Style Chicken Tacos (Foodal) – Craving Mexican? Skip Chipotle and make this recipe instead: it’s much cheaper and makes a lot of food, which is great for large families or leftovers.
Cheap Beef Meals to Cook
6. Crockpot Beef Stroganoff (Freebie Finding Mom) – This is an easier, faster, cheaper version of the beef stroganoff your mom used to make–without sacrificing any of the flavor.
7. Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Beef and Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – This recipe is much better for you than the takeout version (no MSG!), and the slow cooker makes this dinner a cinch.
8. Slow Cooker Beef Stew (Freebie Finding Mom) – At a loss for what to make for dinner? Try this recipe for delicious beef stew: it’s a rich, filling meal that’s perfect for cold winter days!
9. Homemade Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta (Baking with Mom) – Some days, you just need to get something on the table fast. This recipe is for those days: it’s one pot and needs just four ingredients. Best of all, it’s healthier than the boxed version it’s named after.
10. Chili Mac and Cheese (Spaceships and Laser Beams) – Mac and cheese? Yes please! This spiced-up version of a family favorite is a must for days when you crave comfort food.