Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipe: Crockpot Pulled Pork Gyros
If you’re looking for something new, something exciting, to make for dinner that also happens to be easy to prepare, then look no further than this pulled pork crockpot recipe. This pulled pork crockpot recipe for pulled pork gyros is an indulgent, unique twist on a classic favorite. This is the perfect dish to spice up a weeknight!
This pulled pork crockpot recipe is full of flavor yet the pork (instead of lamb) makes it a lighter option. Plus, it couldn’t get much easier than this when it comes to making dinner. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients into a crockpot and then mix up the Tzatziki sauce. Done!
What are you waiting for? Add this easy pulled pork crockpot recipe for pulled pork gyros to your meal plan.
For more easy and delicious meals, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
2 to 2 ½ lbs. pork loin
2 onions, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. oregano
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¾ cup of water
Nonstick cooking spray
Tomatoes, diced (optional)
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 cucumber shredded
2 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Coat bottom and sides of crockpot well with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour water into crockpot.
3. Place pork loin in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Top pork with onions, garlic, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
5. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours
6. While cooking combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, oregano, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl, place in the refrigerator, and let sit so that flavors can combine.
7. When the pork is done cooking, shred it into small pieces.
8. Distribute shredded pork mixture between 4-6 pita breads, top with Tzatziki sauce, and diced tomatoes, if desired.
Leave a Reply