Mother’s Day jar ideas are an easy and inexpensive way to give mom a homemade gift from the heart…one she’ll remember for years to come!
Mother’s Day Jar Ideas: Fun and Frugal Mother’s Day Gifts Using Mason Jars
I’m sure you’re familiar with the saying “It’s the thought that counts,” right? When it comes to Mother’s Day gifts, that saying couldn’t be more accurate. In my early adult years, I tried to show my mom just how much she meant to me by giving her store-bought gifts, regardless of whether or not they blew my minuscule budget to smithereens. However, after I became a mother, I realized just how much homemade, personalized gifts really mean. Nothing says “I love you” like a gift from the heart. Thus I started looking for homemade Mother’s Day jar ideas and other DIY gifts.
Not only are homemade Mother’s Day gifts the ones your mother will remember for years to come, they also tend to be more frugal than store-bought alternatives. Since I’m not exactly a DIY dynamo, I’m always looking for easy ideas that are still adorable. I found a treasure trove in Mother’s Day gifts using Mason jars.
Mother’s Day gifts jars are:
What more could you ask for? Regardless of your mom’s tastes, you can find a Mother’s Day Mason jar idea that is absolutely perfect for her.
Here are 118 Mother’s Day jar ideas to inspire you this Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Gifts Using Mason Jars – Food
If your mom is like most, she’s long brought the family together with delicious meals. Whether you were sick or celebrating, she showed her love and support with comforting dishes you still fondly remember to this day. Am I right? Now you can do the same with these Mother’s Day jar ideas for food.
Here are some of my favorite edible Mother’s Day gifts using Mason jars!
1. Reese’s Pieces Cookies in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – If your mom has a sweet tooth, these ooey gooey chocolatey cookies complete with Reese’s Pieces are sure to impress her this Mother’s Day. This Mother’s Day gift jar is especially great if you’re on a really tight budget as it only calls for 2 ingredients plus a Mason jar.
2. Friendship Bean Soup Mason Jar Gift (Freebie Finding Mom) – One of the best parts of growing up is that your mom becomes more than just a mother… she becomes your friend and confidant. Show your mom just how much this new dynamic to your relationship means to you with this Mother’s Day Mason jar idea for friendship bean soup. This hearty and comforting recipe is a great alternative to sweets.
3. Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – As a child, I would frequently “surprise” my mother with breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day. Hopefully this Mother’s Day gift in a jar of tasty pancakes will help make up for all those pieces of burnt toast and bowls of soggy cereal! Tip: Don’t just give your mom this Mother’s Day jar idea… come over and actually make her breakfast.
4. Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – This is one of those Mother’s Day jar ideas that’s a win all the way around. Mom wins because she gets a delicious homemade snack that’s sweet but not too sweet. You win because it’s budget friendly (just 4 ingredients), easy to make, and will leave your house smelling amazing! Tip: Make a double batch so your family can enjoy some of these tasty pretzels as well.
5. Zucchini Bread in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – If your mom isn’t really into sweets, you can still wow her with a Mother’s Day gift using Mason jars. This recipe for fresh baked zucchini bread is a great option. It takes a tad bit longer than many of the other Mother’s Day gifts jars in this article but don’t let that scare you off… a lot of the time is hands off.
6. Lemon Cake in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – This 3 step recipe is one of the easiest edible Mother’s Day Mason jar ideas you’ll find. In addition to being unbelievably easy, it’s incredibly yummy. Since it is a bite-sized dessert it’s a great way to give your mom something sweet without totally wrecking her diet.
7. Springtime Cake in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you’re looking for whimsical and fun Mother’s Day gifts in a jar, look no further. This colorful cake is sure to brighten your mom’s whole day. Tip: While I love the multiple bright colors, you could easily customize this so it just features your mother’s favorite color(s).
8. Mini Grasshoppers in Jars (Freebie Finding Mom) – Here’s another bite sized Mother’s Day jar idea that is the perfect size to sooth a sweet tooth without causing guilt. Use Crème De Menthe to make this grown-up treat just for you and mom or replace it with peppermint extract and food coloring for a family friendly version.
9-33. 25 Mason Jar Cookie Recipes (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you aren’t sure who loves cookies more, your mom or Cookie Monster, you’ll definitely want to explore these Mother’s Day gifts using Mason jars. You’ll find 25 cookie recipes including a grown up twist on traditional oatmeal cookies, a tasty combo of mint and chocolate, and much more!
34-58. 25 Holiday Gifts in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – If cookies aren’t quite your mom’s thing, no worries. Here you’ll find an assortment of edible Mother’s Day gifts jars including recipes for alphabet soup, peppermint stick cocoa, and sloppy Joes in a jar.
59-82. 24 Desserts in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – From raspberry brownies to hazelnut cheesecake, cookies by no means have a monopoly on Mother’s Day gifts in a jar. Here are 24 mouthwatering desserts that are sure to have mom scrapping her spoon on the bottom of the jar to get every last crumb!
83-100. 18 Mason Jar Gift Recipes with Free Printable Gift Tags (Freebie Finding Mom) – Want more edible Mother’s Day Mason jar ideas? Here are 18 more ideas to inspire you!
If you really want to blow mom away this Mother’s Day, don’t just opt for one of these Mother’s Day jar ideas. Instead, give her an entire gift basket of tasty Mason jar meals and treats. Tie it all together by using matching ribbons or tags on the Mason jars or by opting for a theme (ex. each jar is a different cookie recipe).
Melinda Aguilar says
Really neat idea for the whole family.
Thanks, Melinda! 🙂 Kelli
Brittany Potter says
Really awesome ideas! Thank you so much for sharing!
You are welcome, Brittany! 🙂 Kelli