Struggling to grow out damaged, breaking hair? Try this easy-to-make, all-natural homemade hair growth recipe!
Homemade Hair Growth Recipes: DIY Hair Growth Spray
Lots of everyday habits can do a number on your hair. Things like blow drying, using hot tools, putting your hair up into tight ponytails, bleaching, and more can lead to pretty poor hair health. Over time, this damage can lead to some serious breakage, so that it seems like your hair just won’t grow at all. If you are trying and struggling to grow out your hair, I get it: it’s frustrating, and it seems to take forever!
But the good news? There are homemade hair growth products out there that can naturally and effectively improve your hair health and help grow out your hair faster! That’s right–you don’t have to accept poor hair health, breakage, and super-slow hair growth. With this all-natural, homemade hair growth recipe–along with a few tips–you can get longer, healthier hair!
This homemade recipe for faster growth is the best formula I’ve found. It contains only all-natural, good-for-you ingredients (no impossible-to-pronounce chemicals here!) that really work to improve scalp and hair health:
- Witch hazel, which has anti-inflammatory properties, tones and soothes the scalp.
- Carrot seed oil is rich in vitamins and beta-carotene, helping to create an environment good for hair growth.
- Argan oil has loads of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, helping to moisturize and add shine to hair.
- Peppermint oil can increase circulation of the scalp, promoting hair growth.
- Rosemary oil can increase circulation of the scalp, which promotes hair growth, and can also un-clog hair follicles that can prevent hair loss.
- Cedarwood oil is great for balancing oil production in the scalp, which helps foster an environment for hair growth.
- Lavender oil can increase cell growth and reduce stress, leading to faster growth. (It also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which can improve scalp health.)
All together, these natural essential oils plus witch hazel work to improve scalp health, increase hair health, and encourage hair to grow faster! I love using this homemade hair growth product daily for the best results.
All set to try this homemade hair growth product? The recipe is so easy, fast, and inexpensive: let’s get started!
1 cup Distilled Water
4 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
1 teaspoon Carrot Seed Oil
½ teaspoon Argan Oil
12 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
12 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
12 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
12 drops Lavender Essential Oil
8 oz. Spray Bottle
1. Remove spray nozzle from the bottle and set aside.
2. Add the witch hazel to your spray bottle, fill with distilled water to 1” from the top. Unless your hair is extremely oily, you will want to use alcohol-free witch hazel.
3. Carefully add carrot seed oil and argan oil to the bottle and swirl gently.
4. Drop all the essential oils into the mixture, replace the spray nozzle, and shake vigorously to mix.
You will want to shake your bottle before each use. You can use it daily as a detangler to help brush gently through bed-tangled hair (which also helps stop breakage).
Along with this homemade hair growth formula, I recommend taking the following steps. These are my five best homemade hair growth tips:
- Get frequent trims. It sounds counterproductive, but this tip is really important. Cutting off any split ends at the bottom of your hair prevents the split from extending further up the hair shaft (which adds more damage and increases breakage).
- Be gentle with your hair. When trying to grow out your hair, it’s vital to baby it. It’s fragile! Make sure to brush it gently (especially when it’s wet), ease up on the super-tight hairstyles, and avoid touching it as much as possible. (Bonus: this cuts down on frizz also.) Also make sure to keep it moisturized (try coconut oil).
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase. A silk pillowcase might seem like an unnecessary luxury, but it’s actually very helpful for maintaining hair health. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help reduce tangles, breakage, and damage during the night. (For best results, brush it gently before going to bed every night.)
- Avoid over-doing, well, everything. Everything in moderation, especially when it comes to hair. Try not to bleach, color, or use hot tools on your hair too much. Since these activities damage your hair, the less you do them–the better.
- Take care of the whole package. Your body knows that hair isn’t necessary for survival. That means that if you aren’t getting enough vitamins and nutrients, your hair is one of the last parts to get them–leading to poor hair health, breakage, and even hair health falling out. To prevent them, make sure to eat a balanced diet with enough protein, iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Need more DIY hair products? Here are several more recipes to take care of your hair, naturally and effectively:
- Hair Detangler for Natural Hair
- Homemade Oil Treatment for Moisturizing and Strengthening Hair
- DIY Sea Salt Spray for Hair
- Homemade Hair Moisturizer
- Homemade Conditioner for Natural Hair
- Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Homemade Leave-in Hair Conditioner
- Avocado and Honey Hair Mask (for Damaged Hair)
- Coconut Oil Hair Mask
- Coconut Oil Hair Treatment
- 1 cup Distilled Water
- 4 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
- 1 teaspoon Carrot Seed Oil
- ½ teaspoon Argan Oil
- 12 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 12 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 12 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 12 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 8 oz. Spray Bottle
- Remove spray nozzle from the bottle and set aside.
- Add the witch hazel to your spray bottle, fill with distilled water to 1” from the top. Unless your hair is extremely oily, you will want to use alcohol-free witch hazel.
- Carefully add carrot seed oil and argan oil to the bottle and swirl gently.
- Drop all the essential oils into the mixture, replace the spray nozzle, and shake vigorously to mix.