When was the last time you said “thank you” to your hair? No, seriously, your locks put up with a lot. Oh, let me count the
ways abuses… there’s the wind, sun, blow drying, flattening, curing, twisting, tugging, and smothering with chemicals and unnatural ingredients. And that’s just off the top of my head! Your hair is definitely deserving of some TLC so treat it to some spa like treatments without the spa price tag. One homemade products I love to use to revitalize my hair is this homemade leave-in hair conditioner.
This homemade leave-in hair conditioner is great for moisturizing, detangling, and simply refreshing hair between shampoos. This homemade leave-in hair conditioner is a must if you use dry shampoo (ex. after a workout) as dry shampoo can leave your hair feeling dry and stiff.
Making this homemade leave-in hair conditioner is a breeze. You simply add all the ingredients to a spray bottle and give the bottle a shake. Whipping up a bottle of this homemade leave-in hair conditioner takes less time than making a pot of coffee.
While I love that it’s quick and easy, my favorite thing about this homemade leave-in hair conditioner recipe is the ingredients (or lack thereof). There are no bizarre, unpronounceable chemicals. In fact, this homemade leave-in hair conditioner is full of good for your hair ingredients including coconut oil, orange essential oil, and ginger essential oil.
I’ve touted the benefits of coconut oil for hair for years now but just to reiterate, coconut oil is great for your scalp and your hair because it is a natural moisturizer that does a great job penetrating skin (and hair follicles) due to its low molecular weight and because of how it bonds with proteins (draxe.com). The proteins and nutrients (ex. vitamin E) in coconut oil can also stimulate hair growth, helping repair damaged hair.
As mentioned above, this homemade leave-in hair conditioner also contains orange essential oil and ginger essential oil.
Orange essential oil is has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties meaning it’ll help sooth an irritated scalp. In addition, orange essential oil is a moisturizer that’s light weight so it won’t leave your hair feeling limp and over-saturated (a.k.a. greasy).
Ginger essential oil is “amazing at increasing scalp circulation and stimulating hair growth; since it contains zinc it’s also able to add some serious moisture to otherwise dry tresses,” (Bustle).
This homemade leave-in hair conditioner is a great way to keep your hair not only looking great but also feeling great.
You’re hair puts up with a lot of nonsense in an effort make you look fabulous. So, when possible, say “thank you” by skipping store-bought chemical filled products and using DIY hair goodies. You can give your hair the VIP treatment at home with this homemade leave-in hair conditioner and these other hair homemade beauty products:
- Avocado and honey hair mask
- Rosemary lavender conditioner
- Coconut milk shampoo
- Coconut oil hair mask
- Hair detangler
- Sea salt spray
- Rosemary shampoo bars
2 cups distilled water
2 tsps. fractionated coconut oil
2 tsps. vegetable glycerin
1 tsp. aloe vera
8-10 drops ginger essential oil
8-10 drops orange essential oil
Spray bottle with a fine spray tip – If possible, use a glass spray bottle as essential oils can eventually erode plastic and metal can cause essential oils to break down.
1. Carefully pour distilled water into spray bottle.
Tip: To avoid messes, use a funnel.
2. Add coconut oil.
Tip: Be sure to use fractionated coconut oil because regular solid coconut oil it will gel up and clog the sprayer.
3. Add aloe vera, vegetable glycerin, and essential oils.
4. Replace spray top and shake well to combine ingredients.
1. Shake homemade leave-in hair conditioner.
2. Spray on wet or dry hair.
3. Comb through hair to distribute.
Have you tried this homemade leave-in hair conditioner recipe? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
– – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.