This 5 ingredient homemade hair moisturizer takes advantage of natural hair moisturizers, like coconut oil, to leave you with envy worthy locks in no time!
Homemade Hair Moisturizer
Admit it: You’re pretty rough on your hair. Most of us are…even if we don’t mean to be. Between exposing it to harsh weather, heat in the form of blow dryers and flat irons, and chemicals in for the form of hair styling products our hair takes a beating day after day. If you’re hair is starting to show some signs of wear and tear, such as excessive dryness, this homemade hair moisturizer may be able to help!
This homemade hair moisturizer only has 5 ingredients but the majority of them are natural hair moisturizers so it packs a pretty powerful punch. Here’s a closer look at the ingredients:
Jojoba oil – The first ingredient in this homemade hair moisturizer is a true powerhouse. Jojoba oil contains Vitamin E and Omega 6 & 9 fatty acids; it’s also rich in antioxidants According to Style Craze, since a large component of hair is protein, the fatty acid content of jojoba oil makes it ideal to nourish hair and follicles.
Coconut oil – This natural hair moisturizer is also great for your skin! It penetrates the skin and hair follicles better than other ingredients thanks to a low molecular weight and because of how it bonds with proteins (draxe.com). Bonus: The proteins and vitamins (ex. vitamin E) in coconut oil stimulate hair growth, helping to repair damaged hair. Coconut oil is such a great natural hair moisturizer that you’ll find it in all kinds of homemade hair care recipes; in fact, here’s how to use coconut oil and olive oil to create a moisturizing hair mask.
Honey – This ingredient is good for both your hair and your skin. It’s an antiseptic that prevents the growth of micro-organisms (such as bacteria) and a natural humectant meaning it will help keep your skin and hair hydrated. In addition to this homemade hair moisturizer, this avocado and honey hair mask really showcases the power of honey!
Shea butter – This ingredient is more commonly found in skin moisturizer recipes; however, it’s a great addition to this homemade hair moisturizer recipe. Shea butter is rich in vitamins A and E and contains good fatty acids like oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids.
Rosemary essential oil – Feel free to add whatever essential oils you please to this homemade hair moisturizer recipe; however, I went with rosemary essential oil because it can help with dryness and promote hair growth.
See what I mean? This homemade hair moisturizer is filled with hair-healthy ingredients that’ll give you luxurious locks without the high price tag! Best of all, you can make this homemade hair moisturizer recipe in just a few minutes.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the time to pamper your hair with these natural hair moisturizers today! 🙂
1. Add coconut oil and shea butter to a small, microwave safe dish and heat in 20 second increments until completely melted.
Tip: Stir in-between each 20 second increment for even heating.
2. Add honey and jojoba oil and stir well.
3. Allow mixture to cool a bit and add rosemary essential oil.
4. Transfer homemade hair moisturizer to sealable container for storage.
5. Optional: Pop your natural hair moisturizer in the fridge for a few minutes to get a more solid consistency
1. Using your fingers, distribute homemade hair moisturizer through hair, starting at the tips and working your way up.
Tip: Unless your hair is extremely dry or damaged you probably will not need to apply this natural hair moisturizer to the roots of your hair.
2. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
If you loved this homemade hair moisturizer recipe, there’s plenty of other fabulous and frugal DIY bath and beauty products out there. Get inspired by following Freebie Finding Mom’s Hair, DIY Beauty, and Beauty Hacks Pinterest boards.
– – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.