Want to “find free stuff near me today,” like right now? Welcome to the club. No, seriously, welcome to the club. From Facebook to Craigslist, free stuff near me is just a few clicks away! Here are 7 ways to snag freebies fast.
Nothing brightens my day quite like finding free stuff to do near me or freebies to snag. The little man is being cranky? I forgot to get something out for dinner? No problem!
Seriously, an impromptu free activity or freebie can take a day from blah (or worse!) to brilliant. It sorta makes it feel like my birthday….
Speaking of which, finding free birthday stuff near me is even easier than finding “regular” freebies, but we’ll get to that in a bit. Fortunately, I can make every day feel like my birthday because finding free stuff near me today is pretty simple … if you know where to look! 😉
I know that a lot of people think good freebies are about as common as unicorns, but they’re wrong. Or there are actually way more unicorns out there than people think! From products to activities, there’s tons of free stuff to do near me and free things to snag. Again, you just have to know where to look.
Thanks to the Internet, finding free stuff is easier than ever! Seriously, no matter what you’re looking for, from free baby stuff near me to free school supplies for college students, you can find it without even changing out of your PJs!
Keep reading for 7 tips and tricks on finding free stuff near me today!
Tip 1: Use Search Engines to Find Free Stuff Near Me Today
One of the easiest ways to find free stuff near me today is to use a search engine, like Google. Simply head to Google (or your search engine of choice) and try out search queries like “free baby stuff near me” or “free curbside stuff near me”.
If there’s something specific you need, try searching the word “free” plus the item. For example, “free Keurig K-Cups” is what I would enter to find free (or at least discounted) refills for my Keurig.
Tip: Normally Google knows where you are, so when you type “near me,” you don’t have to specify a location. However, if you’re using a different search engine, an incognito browser, or have blocked Google from seeing your location you’ll need to specify your town or nearest major metro when searching.
Bonus: Google has a built in freebie that you can take advantage of right now! I’m referring to the daily Google Doodle. Sometimes it is an interactive Google Doodle game, which is always so much fun. Go here for 13 of the best Google Doodle games ever!
Tip 2: Use Store Circulars to Find Free Stuff Near Me Today
Ads from your local grocery store or department store can be a great source to find free stuff including buy-one, get-one deals and totally free products (no purchase necessary).
One of my absolute favorite free stuff deals, is the Kroger free stuff Friday (a.k.a. the Kroger Free Friday Download). Not ringing a bell? You don’t know what you’re missing!
Here’s how the Kroger Free Friday Download works:
- Each week, a Kroger Free Friday Download is made available as an eCoupon. This eCoupon could be for any of the thousands of products Kroger stocks, including free baby stuff near me.
- Download the eCoupon. You must download the eCoupon that day (Friday); however, you’ll have approximately 2 weeks to use it.
- Go to Kroger, locate the product, and walk out with it for free!
Tip 3: Get Craigslist Free Stuff Near Me
Not familiar with Craigslist? Think of Craigslist like a digital version of your local classifieds. It’s super easy to find Craigslist free stuff “near me” now, including both products and activities!
To get started, go to Craigslist and select a category you’re interested in to start browsing. When I look for free stuff Craigslist, near me, here are the categories I like to check out:
- Free (under the “For Sale” category) – These are items people are giving away. Even if you aren’t interested in the item for yourself, give it a good once-over. You may be able to snag the item for free and then turn around and sell it on Craigslist. Find out how you can learn to sell on Craigslist here.
- Activities (under the “Community” category)
- Classes (under the “Community” category)
- Events (under the “Community” category)
- Groups (under the “Community” category)
- Frugal (under the “Discussion Forums” category)
Another way to find Craigslist free stuff near me is to use the search bar feature, which is toward the upper left-hand side of the main page. Type the word free and then whatever you’re looking for in the search bar to find Craigslist free stuff near me now. For example, type free crib to search Craigslist for free cribs.
Tip: When it comes to finding free stuff Craigslist, “near me” may not be the best option. In other words, if you live in the middle of nowhere, it may be difficult to find Craigslist free stuff near me now. If that’s the case, try looking at other nearby cities that have bigger populations!
Tip 4: Use Blogs to Find Free Stuff Near Me Today
Your favorite frugal living blogs are a great source for finding free stuff including free printables, free stuff to do near me, and free birthday stuff near me. (And, I’m sure FreebieFindingMom is on that list) 😉
Seriously, sites like FreebieFindingMom are the perfect option to soothe your freebie craving! Check back often (or sign up for the mailing list) to ensure you never miss out on a good deal.
If you’re looking for free stuff near me today, check out these articles and sections right here on FreebieFindingMom:
- 61 Legitimate Kids Birthday Freebies – If you’re on a budget (and who isn’t?), you may be concerned about your ability to give your little one an awesome birthday bash. That’s where this article will come in handy; it’s a great way to find free birthday stuff near me!
- 10 Ways to Get Free School Supplies by Mail or In Person – This back to school freebies article is great because it has a lot of different resources for you to check out and some of them can be used for kids of all ages (including college students)!
- Free School Supplies: Where to Find Them – Another great article to help you save money on school supplies.
- Internet Freebies: Your Comprehensive Guide to Free Stuff Online – A massive list of free stuff for people of all ages.
- Freebies and Freebies for Kids – Two sections here on FreebieFindingMom that are regularly updated with freebies you’ll definitely want to snag!
- Here are 4 Ways to Get Free Stuff by Mail! – An article that will teach you how to get freebies delivered directly to you.
Now if you’re looking less for things and more for free stuff to do near me, no worries. Freebie Finding Mom can help with that too!
- HUGE List of FREE (Or Nearly Free) Summer Activities for Kids – This roundup post is a must during the summer when you’re trying to entertain kids on a budget. Seriously, bookmark this article or you will regret it!
- 33 Cheap or Free Summer Activities for Teens – This roundup post offers 33 free or frugal ways to keep teens engaged and entertained this summer.
- Fun Free Things to Do Near Me – This post is filled with free activities that are fun for kids and adults.
- Free Printables – From bubble letters, calligraphy alphabets, cursive alphabets, and alphabet letters, to flower coloring pages, chore charts for kids, bridal shower games, and printable Mother’s Day cards, you’ll find tons of totally free printable activities for you and your kids to tackle together.
Tip 5: Social Media and Facebook Free Stuff Near Me
Social media sites, like Facebook, are another easy way to find free stuff near me today. This method is also pretty fun because you get to explore your city and connect with other people. Since Facebook is the “big one” in terms of social media, I’m going to focus on that platform, but don’t forget to check out other social networks (such as Meetup.com, a social media platform that lets you find local interest groups)!
On Facebook, free stuff near me can be found using a variety of methods. Here are a few options:
- Ask your connections – Put a post up asking friends, family members, and others you’re connected with if they know of free products, events, etc.
- Follow pages and brands – Like and follow the Facebook pages of brands you love, local businesses, and local news sources to be the first to know about free stuff and events.
- Join a group – Search Facebook for frugal living groups and local groups (ex. book clubs, mommy get-togethers, etc.).
Tip: One of my favorite ways to get Facebook free stuff near me is to join local groups. Most cities have at least one community focused group, and it’s usually a great place to find out about free activities and free curbside stuff near me as well as stay up-to-date on local news.
Tip 6: Go Local to Find Free Stuff Near Me Today
There are a wide variety of local options for finding freebies and free stuff to do near me for kids and adults. Here are some places I’d recommend checking out:
Okay, technically, your local library is filled with free stuff, right? I mean, you check out books, DVDs, and CDs for free. They’re also a great source for free activities especially for kids, like story-time. Check out your library’s website for a calendar of events or simply stop by the front desk and ask about free activities.
Tip: Many libraries are connected on a county level, so if your local library is small and doesn’t offer many activities, be sure to explore other connected libraries like the one in the next town over.
Have a new business opening in your area? Fantastic! It may be a great source for free stuff near me today. Usually, new businesses have a grand opening event and a lot of times those events include freebies like free treats or activities.
Keep an eye out for new businesses! You can also check the local paper and contact the Chamber of Commerce.
City or County Website
Explore your city and county websites for free stuff to do near me. They should have a calendar of events that includes any festivals, parades, etc. In addition, don’t forget to check the parks and rec department website for other free activities, like guided nature walks!
Word of Mouth
This may sound a bit obvious, but if you’re looking to find free stuff near me today, just ask! Ask everyone! Ask coworkers, the barista at the coffee shop, friends, family members, the bagger at the grocery store, etc. Also be sure to check out any bulletin boards at your local businesses.
Tip 7: Apps (Like letgo) Free Stuff Near Me
There are a variety of apps and websites out there that allow you offload stuff you no longer want, whether you want to give items away or attempt to sell them. They’re a great way to declutter and work through your spring cleaning checklist. So check out apps (like letgo) free stuff near me to see if someone else’s trash could be your treasure! 😉
Tip: In the United States, searching “letgo free stuff near me” will result in you going to the OfferUp website. (So you’ll be looking at “OfferUp free stuff near me.”) That’s because in the U.S. letgo is now OfferUp.
Use these 7 easy methods to find free stuff near me today no matter where you are!
Do you know of other fantastic ways to find free stuff near me? I’d love to hear them… please share in the comments. Here’s to a freebie filled life!
Leave a Reply