Looking to share a sweet treat with that special someone? Get inspired with these 41 easy dessert recipes for two, including desserts in a jar!
41 Easy Dessert Recipes for Two
When was the last time you and that special someone had a date night? If you’re drawing a total blank, its time to get one on your schedule. A date night offers you and your spouse the perfect opportunity to reconnect and enjoy spending some quality time together without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. In fact according to Huffington Post, “Research has shown that those who have “couple time” at least weekly are 3.5 times more likely to report being ‘very happy’ in their marriages, compared with those spending less alone time with their mates.”
Tip: If you’re concerned about your budget, consider having date night at home complete with a homemade dinner and an easy dessert recipe for two! 🙂
Enjoying simple recipes for two at home isn’t just a way to stay on budget…it can also be much more intimate and enjoyable than navigating traffic, hunting for a parking space, and dealing with crowds at a local restaurant. In addition, staying in and whipping up dinner and quick dessert recipes at home can be a fun couples’ activity that ends with some delicious food!
Need a little inspiration? No worries, I’ve got some of the best dessert recipes around including easy dessert recipes for two!
1. Cherry Cheesecake Trifle Dessert (Freebie Finding Mom) – I love how fancy this dessert looks. It looks like something you’d get at an upscale restaurant…you know, one with cloth napkins and no kids coloring menus. 😉 Honestly, this easy dessert recipe for two probably makes a bit much; in fact, if you use the ingredients called for you’ll end up with two whole trifles, but it’s pretty easy to scale back.
2. Ice Cube Tray Chocolates (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you’re on a hunt for simple recipes for two that are customizable, you’re going to love this recipe. You can fill the chocolate candies with whatever suits your fancy such as marshmallows, caramel, cashews, or peanut butter. Bonus: It’ll only take you about 10 minutes to make this tasty treat!
3. Pecan Pie Bark (Freebie Finding Mom) – Pecan pie has got to be one of the best dessert recipes of the fall, am I right? I mean, what would Thanksgiving be without pecan pie? That’s why I love this modern take on a classic; it offers all the yum of your mom’s pecan pie in a fresh new way.
4. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Covered Banana Pops (Freebie Finding Mom) – Easy dessert recipes for two for date night don’t have to be super sophisticated. Nope, sometimes simple classics, like popsicles, are just the thing. Not crazy about bananas? Get creative…you can easily swap bananas for strawberries or another fruit.
5. Raspberry Brownies in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – Chocolate plus raspberries equals a match made in heaven, right? Believe it or not, this recipe actually falls into the “cheap desserts” category. The most expensive and exotic ingredient is the fresh raspberries, and if you’re only making enough for 2 you’ll need less than 1/2 a cup of raspberries.
6. Homemade Freezer Bag Ice Cream (Freebie Finding Mom) – Looking for quick dessert recipes? Look no further! You can make this freezer bag ice cream in just 15 minutes. Bonus: Your arms get a real workout so you’ll definitely burn some calories before indulging in this sweat treat.
7. Lemon Cake in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – Simple recipes for two don’t get much simpler than this! This recipe only has 3 steps. This cake in a jar recipe is a great option if you have a savory palette (thanks to the zest of the lemon) or if you’re looking for a lighter dessert option.
8. Mini Grasshoppers in Jars (Freebie Finding Mom) – Okay, full disclosure, this isn’t one of the quick dessert recipes. However, this dessert in a jar is definitely worth the extra effort, especially if you’re a fan of mint and chocolate. (And who isn’t?)
9. Springtime Cake in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – You can almost always find coupons for boxed cake mix and/or frosting, which puts this yummy layer cake in a jar squarely in the “cheap desserts” category. Get creative here; you don’t have to go with rainbow cake and sprinkles. You can get a more sophisticated, grown-up look by opting for one color of cake and metallic sprinkles.