Every year, I have visions of Hallmark-esq holiday get-togethers that include all of my loved ones, cozy fires, and delicious food. Unfortunately, the reality never quite lives up to that. But one thing that never disappoints is this pecan pie bark! This easy pecan dessert recipe only requires 5 ingredients and 18 minutes to pull off!
Full disclosure, holiday gatherings usually feature me running around like a chicken with its head cut off. In an attempt to mitigate that, I’m always on the lookout for easy xmas recipes that won’t leave me waist deep in dirty dishes. One of my standard go-to easy Thanksgiving recipes, which actually works great for any gathering, is pecan pie bark.
This pecan pie bark is a twist on traditional pecan pie, and while I’ll never turn down a slice of pecan pie, this pecan dessert recipe does have a few notable advantages. For instance, it’s easier to feed a crowd with pecan pie bark than pecan pie. In addition, pecan pie bark is easier to transport than a bunch of pies.
Some other things I love about this easy Thanksgiving dessert is that it’s easy to break up into small pieces, meaning you can satisfy your sweet tooth with just a small bite. (Good luck with that!) Plus, it’s just easier to eat. There’s nothing quite like trying to balance a plate of pie, a knife, and a fork while standing up chit-chatting at a party, am I right?
Oh, and of course, this pecan dessert recipe is tasty. As you probably suspected from the name, this pecan pie bark tastes pretty similar to pecan pie. The graham crackers really absorb the flavor making it melt-in-your-mouth good. Seriously, I dare you to stop at a single bite!
Plus, as I mentioned, it’s easy to make. You can make this pecan pie bark in under 30 minutes, so if you need a homemade dessert in a hurry, this dish definitely fits the bill. 🙂
If you aren’t the most experienced or shall we say, graceful cook, this pecan dessert recipe should definitely be in your cookbook. It doesn’t involve any complex steps. Trust me, you’ll be hard pressed to get this easy Thanksgiving dessert wrong!
Pecan Pie Bark Ingredients
Pecan Pie Bark Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Spread graham crackers out on baking sheet.
Note: Break them apart if you need to to make them fit.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pot, combine sugar, vanilla, butter, and pecans.
4. Over medium-low heat, bring pecan pie bark mixture to a boil.
5. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Carefully pour pecan dessert mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
7. Bake for 8 minutes.
8. Allow to cool before breaking this pecan dessert into pieces. Enjoy your pecan pie bark!
Check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on How To Make Pecan Pie Bark.
More Easy Thanksgiving Desserts and Recipes
Okay, this pecan pie bark is delicious but it probably shouldn’t be the only thing you serve for dinner! Here are some other easy Thanksgiving desserts and recipes you can whip up.
Warning: Freebie Finding Mom cannot be held liable for the wellbeing of any diet that comes into contact with her delicious foods. Proceed at your own risk. 😉
- Turkey cheeseball recipe
- Turkey meat and cheese tray
- Easy pumpkin cheesecake
- Frozen yogurt bark – This is a great healthy dessert option!
- Mom’s fantastic holiday fudge
Do you know of other fantastic holiday recipes that should be on my menu next to this pecan pie bark? Please share in the comments!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, halves or whole
- 1 baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Heavy bottomed pot
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread graham crackers out on baking sheet. Note: Break them apart if you need to to make them fit.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, combine sugar, vanilla, butter, and pecans.
- Over medium-low heat, bring pecan pie bark mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour pecan dessert mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool before breaking this pecan dessert into pieces. Enjoy your pecan pie bark!