Keep those little tummies full without spending all day in the kitchen with the help of these 27 easy toddler meals and toddler lunch ideas.
If your toddler is a picky eater (and whose isn’t?), you may find yourself making separate special dishes just for him or her come meal time. While it’s always great to see the little man willingly eating something, especially (dare I hope?) something healthy, I hate making separate things at lunch or dinner time. My day is busy and hectic enough. Luckily, there are some easy toddler meals out there that won’t dirty every dish in your kitchen.
Yep, I’ve scoured my hoard of recipes and the Internet for meal recipes toddlers will actually eat that won’t have you slaving away in the kitchen all day. I found 27 of these easy toddler meals recipes that I couldn’t wait to share with you!
Plus, these aren’t just meals for a toddler! More than a few are so tasty that Mom and Dad are sure to sneak a bite or two. 😉
27 Easy Toddler Meals
1. Goldfish Crackers Encrusted Chicken Nuggets (Freebie Finding Mom) – Some of the best easy toddler meals, like this one, combine two toddler favs into one irresistible combination. When made according to the recipe, the Goldfish are crispy and the chicken is tender, making this a dish that even Mom and Dad will enjoy. Tip: Make this recipe a tad healthier by opting for whole wheat Goldfish or organic variations on Goldfish.
2. Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas (Freebie Finding Mom) – Looking for easy toddler meals that are actually nutritious? Look no further. These pan fried cinnamon bananas are a great breakfast dish or snack. The bananas give your little one lots of essential vitamins and minerals including potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, and more!
3. Crockpot Banana Nut Oatmeal (Freebie Finding Mom) – Start this meal recipe toddler breakfast the night before (using your crockpot) and wake up to a dish that smells almost as good as it tastes. This hearty breakfast option is sure to keep the whole family full until lunch time.
4. Chicken and Waffle Sliders (Freebie Finding Mom) – Okay, not all meals for a toddler are super healthy. It’s just a fact of life. This is one of those not so healthy options that you can turn to on special occasions or as a reward. You can make the waffles from scratch, from a mix, or use pre-made (frozen) waffles.
Bonus: Looking for healthier lunch options? Look no further; here are 44 healthy lunch ideas for kids.
5. Easy Breakfast Pizza (Freebie Finding Mom) – I love easy toddler meals, like this one, that are customizable. You can easily swap different veggies or meats in and out to fit your family’s preference. Plus, in my experience, the fam (including the little man) will scarf down just about anything I label “pizza.” 😉
6. Pizza Monkey Bread (Freebie Finding Mom) – Let the kiddos help whip up this easy toddler meals recipe and I guarantee they’ll be more likely to eat it. Warning: Once those little hands get involved it’s sure to be a bit more messy! This pizza monkey bread also makes a yummy appetizer for adult get-togethers.
7. Mac and Cheese Bites (Freebie Finding Mom) – These crispy on the outside ooey-gooey on the inside mac and cheese bites are a meal recipe toddlers and adults are sure to appreciate! Make these for tailgating parties, as an appetizer for any get-together, or as a side dish with any meal.