Are you planning a multi-colored bash? Whether it’s a birthday party, a celebration of spring, or anything in-between, all those vibrant colors are sure to set an up-beat tone. To do it all on a budget, turn to this, The Ultimate Rainbow Party Ideas Guide!
Have something to celebrate or just want to get your loved ones together? If so, consider a rainbow party! Rainbow theme party ideas are versatile, vibrant, and budget friendly because there are so many different ways you can pull them together.
Now, I will admit that if you’ve never thrown a rainbow party before, combining all the colors in fun and original ways can be a smidge intimidating. After all, it’s a lot of colors to pack into a party! However, with a few DIY rainbow decorations, party favors, and food ideas, your party is sure to be a hit. And most of all, don’t be afraid to just have fun with it!
Bonus: If you’re looking to party like a rockstar on a roadie’s budget, here are 28 frugal birthday party ideas that will keep you on track! If you have kids, you can also save money on their big day by taking advantage of these kids’ birthday freebies.
Whether you’re looking for rainbow birthday party ideas, rainbow graduation party ideas, or anything in-between, you’re in the right place! So, let’s get ready to party … in technicolor! 🙂
Rainbow Party Favors
1. Raindough – The first of the rainbow birthday ideas (or whatever event you’re celebrating) is a win all the way around, especially if your party guests are rambunctious kids! The kids get a fun activity and take-home “toy” (colorful Play-Doh that they handmade) and parents finally get a party favor that isn’t sugar-filled! 😉 Oh, and here’s a homemade playdough recipe for you that makes a great Mason jar gift idea for kids’ birthday parties.
Bonus: Another colorful, sugar-free rainbow party favor idea is these DIY LEGO bathtub crayons. If your party favors get kids to want to take a bath, you’ll be the most popular mom (or dad) in town!
2. Rainbow Colored Popcorn – Once “dyed” in various colors, even popcorn seems like an exciting party favor!
Tip: Keep things healthy by opting for this nutritious and delicious coconut oil popcorn.
3. Rainbow Bows – Again, not all rainbow party ideas are sugar-filled! Cute hair accessories can be purchased at the dollar store and work well for rainbow birthday parties or baby showers for girls.
Bonus: Want to go the DIY route? You can make your own DIY hair clips out of felt.
4. Rainbow Sand Buckets – The last of the rainbow party favors is easy and relatively inexpensive but still on theme!
Rainbow Theme Party Ideas: Food
5. Rainbow Jelly (Jell-O) Cups – These vibrant and jiggly Jell-O cups will brighten up any party. Oh, and they aren’t just food; they also double as rainbow decoration ideas … well, at least until your guests devour them!
Bonus: If you like this rainbow Jell-O idea, consider adding this Jell-O aquarium to the menu!
6. Rainbow Fruit Platter – If you’re looking for healthier rainbow birthday party ideas, look no further. A bright, artfully arranged fruit platter will fit right in!
Bonus: Throwing your rainbow bash during the dog days of summer? These orange juice and fruit popsicles and this frozen yogurt bark with fruit are cool and colorful treats that are also nutritious and delicious!
7. Rainbow Fruit in Matching Cups – You get a lot of bang for your buck with this rainbow birthday idea. Fruits and matching cups really make a bold splash of color.
8. Rainbow Veggie Tray – Have a picky eater on your hands? Maybe this rainbow party idea can help! Sometimes just making food look more interesting can entice kids to give it a try.
Tip: If meal time is a battle at your home, check out these tips on getting kids to eat vegetables and fruits for a few secret weapons!
9. Rainbow Gum-balls – While colorful and fun, this is one of the rainbow birthday party ideas that should come with a warning! Gum may not be the best idea if you’re dealing with little ones. Inevitably it will end up stuck to the carpet or in someone’s hair. However, you could use this as DIY rainbow decorations instead of an edible food item.
10. Rainbow Party Food – More foods than you think come in rainbow colors. Check out this collection of colorful goldfish, chocolate balls, and M&Ms.
11. Sprinkle Marshmallows – Looking for easy rainbow party ideas? Look no further! This one is super easy … all you need is a lollipop stick and 3 ingredients.
12. Rainbow Lollipops – Beyond a shadow of a doubt this food idea, out of all of the rainbow theme party ideas, is going to be a sticky mess, but it’s also sure to be a fan favorite among your party guests.
13. Rainbow Oreo Cookies – Here’s another of the rainbow birthday ideas that should come with a warning! Only this time, you’re the one in “danger.” There’s a high chance that you’ll end up eating all of these delicious treats before the party event starts! 😉
14. Rainbow Cupcakes – This colorful use of fondant takes the place of the paper cups you would typically bake your cupcakes in. See? So much of throwing a successful rainbow party is just getting creative!
15. Rainbow Cake – Okay, this rainbow party idea is a bit of work, but it’s also delicious and sure to be the talk of the party!
16. Rainbow Cake – Pressed for time or not quite ready for one of those baking championship shows (well, okay, maybe Nailed It!)? Lucky for you, M&Ms can be used as DIY rainbow decorations to take any cake to a colorful next level.
Bonus: These spring cakes in Mason jars are another colorful food option.
Rainbow Decoration Ideas
17. Pinata – Let the little ones burn off some of that multi-colored sugar with this rainbow party idea. 😉
18. Rainbow Pinwheels – Looking for rainbow decoration ideas that can pull double-duty? Look no further! These decorations can also be used as party favors. Let each guest take home a colorful pinwheel.
19. Rainbow Table Skirt – Make a statement with this rainbow party idea.
Tip: While it may not look quite as put-together, you can pull this DIY rainbow decoration off on the cheap by using scrap fabrics that are on sale at your local fabric store.
20. Balloon Wreath – You’ll make a great first impression when you greet your guests with this rainbow party idea.
Bonus: Dress up any of your rainbow decoration ideas with these happy birthday bubble letters!
Rainbow Party Ideas: Table Settings
To top off your vibrant event, consider these rainbow party ideas for table settings. From balloons to folded paper to streamers, color is all around us, and you can put it to work for your rainbow party. Use a bright and bold table setting to pull all of your other rainbow party ideas together! 🙂
Now, one thing we didn’t talk about amongst all of these rainbow party ideas is gifts! Luckily, they don’t need to be on theme, right? However, you can keep your secondary theme (being frugal) going by using these free printable gift tags.
Can you think of other rainbow party ideas whether it’s food or décor? If so, share in the comments.