These homemade soap crayons are easy to make (just 4 ingredients) and can make bath time both fun and educational!
Homemade Soap Crayons Recipe: DIY LEGO Bathtub Crayons
Where do your kiddos come down on bath time? Yay or nay? Regardless of whether they love or loathe water, this homemade soap crayons recipe is sure to make bath time even better!
If your kiddos aren’t fans of bath time, these homemade soap crayons will offer them a fun distraction. Plus, these homemade soap crayons can be educational. They can allow kids to:
- Learn colors, shapes, letters, numbers, and even words (which you can write on the bathtub walls).
- Develop their fine motor skills.
- Use their imagination.
- Express their creativity.
Yep, these homemade soap crayons offer fun and learning opportunities all in one!
Don’t worry, this homemade crayons recipe for toddlers is easy and inexpensive to make. You’ll need just four ingredients and about 15 minutes (not counting the time it takes the homemade soap crayons to harden) to pull this recipe off. Plus, these homemade soap crayons can act as a secret weapon to help your kiddos get in the right mindset for bed. Yep, just add some relaxation promoting essential oils, like lavender or chamomile, to this homemade crayons recipe for toddlers.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with these homemade soap crayons. You can make them in any shape, color, or scent you prefer… so go a little crazy! 🙂
By the way, if you need a kid-friendly gift idea or even party favors, turn to this homemade crayons recipe for toddlers! Seriously, kids will love these homemade soap crayons and parents will appreciate that they’re sugar free and don’t make a bunch of noise.
If you’re looking for other ways to enhance bath time, be sure to check out these fun recipes for “fish in a bag” soap and DIY kids surprise homemade bath bombs!
1. Cut soap base into pieces that are approximately 1 inch x 1 inch.
Note: Cutting the base into smaller pieces helps ensure that melting is even. The number of pieces needed depends on the size and number of molds being used.
2. Place soap base pieces in a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until fully melted.
3. Add essential oil and mix.
Tip: Not sure what essential oil to use? Remember, lavender is a great option for these homemade soap crayons as it promotes relaxation.
4. If planning to make multiple colors of homemade soap crayons, divide mixture into the appropriate number of bowls.
Tip: If soap mixture begins to harden before it can be separated and/or colored, simply pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to re-melt it.
5. Add mica colorant to each bowl and stir.
Tip: The more mica powder added to this homemade crayons recipes for toddlers the more intense the colors will be.
6. Pour colored mixture into molds and gently stir to remove any air bubbles.
7. Let homemade soap crayons harden for 3 to 4 hours and then remove from molds.
8. Store homemade soap crayons in an airtight container until ready to use to prevent “glycerin dew” and discoloration.
If these homemade soap crayons have you curious about other DIY products, be sure to follow my Pinterest boards including:
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.