Homemade essential oil recipes are easy, frugal, effective, and healthy. Check out this recipe for a relaxing roller and learn about more great essential oil recipes!
Homemade Essential Oil Recipes: Relaxation or Bedtime Roller Bottle
Homemade essential oil recipes can do anything! Okay, maybe not anything… I don’t think they can do your taxes or make dinner, but they can do a heck of a lot. For instance, homemade essential oil recipes can save you time and money and improve your health and appearance.
Homemade essential oil recipes can replace many, many store-bought products including bath and beauty products, medicine and first aid products, and home products like cleaners, air fresheners, and more.
Pretty much every homemade essential oil recipe I’ve tried has been super effective and easy. I mean really easy; like “add these ingredients to a container and shake to combine” easy. 🙂 So there’s really no reason not to give homemade essential oil recipes a try!
The homemade essential oil recipe I’d like to share with you today is great for stressed out moms (a.k.a. every mom, right?). It uses essential oils that are known to promote relaxation and sleepiness to help you unwind after yet another long full day. Simply roll a little of this homemade essential oil recipe on your temples and/or the back of your neck as part of your bedtime routine.
Tip: This homemade essential oil recipe also makes a fantastic gift for just about anyone on your list. Plus, it’s super simple so the kiddos can help out and the gift can be from them. If they don’t have the fine motor skills to add ingredients to the bottle, I’m sure your little one would be excellent at shaking the bottle vigorously to combine the ingredients! 😉
If you’re looking for additional homemade essential oil recipes to help you relax be sure to check out:
- Lavender linen spray – Use this on the kiddo’s sheets to help them stop worrying about the monster under the bed and get some much needed sleep!
- Lavender body scrub – This homemade essential oil recipe is another fabulous, frugal, and easy gift idea.
- Massage oil – Enlist the hubby for an at home spa treatment that’ll work those knots out of your shoulders.
10 drops lavender essential oil
8 drops vetiver essential oil
4 drops Idaho blue spruce essential oil
4 drops cedarwood essential oil
Carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil or almond oil
Pipette or dropper
*For homemade essential oil recipes, whenever possible, opt for tinted glass containers. Tinted because light can cause essential oils to breakdown faster and glass because, overtime, essential oils can eat through plastic.
1. Remove the roller from bottle.
2. Using a pipette, fill bottle 3/4 of the way with carrier oil.
3. Add essential oils.
Tip: Make sure there is a little empty space so that the ingredients can be mixed together.
4. Replace the roller and lid and shake the bottle to combine the ingredients.
5. Optional: Label this homemade essential oil recipe so you don’t forget what it is!