Homemade face scrubs are a great way to remove dead skin cells, minimize the appearance of pores, & much more! Give this homemade coffee face scrub a try.
Homemade Coffee Face Scrub
Over time, residue from bath products can build up in your shower or tub leaving behind a filmy coating commonly referred to as soap scum. What if I told you something similar can happen to your face? Yep. Dead skin cells, makeup, sunscreen, moisturizers, and other products can build up on your face clogging and enlarging pores, causing breakouts, and generally making your skin unhealthy. That’s where face scrubs (preferably homemade face scrubs, in my opinion) like this coffee face scrub come in handy, but don’t just take my word for it.
“In addition to revealing fresh skin cells, exfoliating removes dead cells from pores, making them appear smaller. Removing the buildup enhances your skin’s ability to absorb everything else, from acne medicine to anti-aging serum,” says Rachel Nazarian, MD (Source: Cosmopolitan).
This homemade coffee face scrub is an easy, inexpensive, and gentle way to exfoliate your face and add moisture back in. Those are some big perks that this DIY face scrub offers over store-bought alternatives.
However, this coffee face scrub isn’t just for your face. You can use it on your whole body (ex. elbows) that feel like they need a little extra TLC.
In addition to the fact that this coffee face scrub is quick and easy to make, it’s ingredients are super good for you. Let’s take a closer look at this homemade face scrub, shall we?
Coconut oil – This homemade face scrub ingredient is great for preventing acne and wrinkles. It’s a natural moisturizer that your skin will love! 🙂
Coffee – The caffeine in this ingredient has the ability to fight free radicals which can cause your skin to age prematurely. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce puffiness or redness. This coffee face scrub isn’t the only way to take advantage of this ingredient! Try this DIY eye serum.
Frankincense essential oil – This ingredient gives this DIY face scrub a little something extra. It has astringent properties to tone skin, can reduce the appearance of scars, and promotes the regeneration of cells to reduce the appearance of aging.
If all of that isn’t enough to sell you on this coffee face scrub, you’re also putting something you’d otherwise just throw out (coffee grounds) to good use! I love when you can reuse and recycle, don’t you?
Try this homemade coffee face scrub today!
1. Add coconut oil to a heat safe container and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted.
Note: This step is optional, but melting the coconut oil first makes it much easier to mix!
Tip: If after 20 seconds the coconut oil for this DIY face scrub hasn’t melted, remove it from the microwave, stir, and then re-heat for 10 second. Repeat until melted.
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
3. Transfer coffee face scrub to a Mason jar and seal.
1. Wet face.
2. Using fingers, scoop coffee face scrub from Mason jar and gently rub in a circular motion over face.
3. Optional: Let this homemade face scrub sit for a few minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water and pat face dry.
Loving this coffee face scrub? This is just the tip of the DIY bath and beauty iceberg! Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty, Homemade Beauty Products, Essential Oil Recipes, and Beauty Hacks Pinterest boards for more.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.