Are you crazy-busy? I mean running around like a chicken-with-its-head-cut-off busy? I know I am! The thing is, I don’t want to look crazy busy. Or tired for that matter. Whenever someone tells me I look tired I think of that 90s movie Stepmom where Julia Roberts says, “You look tired,” and Susan Sarandon replies, “I hate when people say that. It’s like a polite way of telling you that you look like sh*t.” Right? Unfortunately, there’s not much I can do about being busy (or tired), but DIY beauty products like this homemade eye serum, can help me hide the evidence, so to speak.
I used to buy all my beauty products at the store. I would hear about some “miracle” product and lay down more money than I’d care to admit to give it a try. Most of them didn’t work. Most of them got used once and then vanished into the black hole of my bathroom cabinets. Then I discovered some amazingly effective and easy DIY beauty recipes. I haven’t looked back, and neither will you once you try this homemade eye serum.
This homemade eye serum has a lot of pros. For one, it’s a lot less expensive to make than just about any similar product you can buy at the store. Furthermore, this homemade eye serum is chemical free. I don’t know about you, but I’m not crazy about using unpronounceable chemicals around my eyes! Lastly, this homemade eye serum is effective!
The coffee in this homemade eye serum provides caffeine which has numerous health benefits for your skin including its ability to fight free radicals which can cause your skin to age prematurely. In other words, caffeine can help ward off wrinkles and the loss of elasticity. In addition, the caffeine in this homemade eye serum has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce the appearance of puffiness and redness around your eyes.
Another ingredient in this homemade eye serum that is skin’s BFF is avocado. There are good reasons you’ll find avocado in many homemade beauty face masks. For one, the natural oils in avocados are awesome for moisturizing skin. Plus, avocados are rich in antioxidants and amino acids that combat the signs of aging such as wrinkles.
Filled with inexpensive, chemical-free ingredients that are good for your skin? Check! So why wouldn’t you try this homemade eye serum. No, seriously, why not?
Homemade Eye Serum: DIY Caffeine Eye Serum
1. Scoop ground coffee into Mason jar.
2. Pour sweet almond oil over coffee and let it sit for 24 hours.
3. Place a piece of cheesecloth over the top of the Mason jar and turn the jar upside down over a bowl, holding the cheesecloth in place, to separate the coffee infused sweet almond oil from the coffee grounds.
Tip: To ensure you get all of the oil out of the grounds, dump the coffee grounds onto the cheesecloth, twist the ends of the cheesecloth together (basically sealing the grounds inside), and squeeze the bundle over the bowl.
4. Use an eye dropper to place one tablespoon of coffee oil into your small bottle.
5. Use an eye dropper to place one tablespoon of avocado oil into the small bottle with the coffee/almond oil.
Place a small amount of homemade eye serum on your finger and gently rub under your eyes.
Side note: This homemade eye serum is just for the skin around your eyes, but if you’re looking for something to fight the signs of wrinkles across your entire face, be sure to try this grapefruit anti-wrinkle cream.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.