Feast your eyes on these 53 delicious healthy cold lunch ideas for work. All of these cold lunch ideas will help you save money and calories!
53 Healthy Cold Lunch Ideas For Work
Looking for super easy ways to fatten up your wallet? Have you considered packing your lunch? Yep, brown bagging it can not only help you cut costs but also calories, so it’s a win-win! By the way, if you’re thinking packing won’t save you that much, you’re wrong. Way wrong. According to Business Insider buying lunch each day costs (on average) nearly $2,000 a year! Yep, $2,000 a year. Keep that money where it belongs, in your wallet, by utilizing these cold lunch ideas for work.
Oh, and don’t worry, packing your lunch each day doesn’t have to be a painfully time consuming task. There are tons of healthy cold lunch ideas out there that are super simple. (Hint: I’m about to share 53 of them with you!) In addition to being healthy and easy, cold lunch ideas for work (like those below) can be tasty. Like way better than anything you can get out.
So…do I have you craving those cold lunch ideas yet? 😉
Great because lunch is served!
Healthy Cold Mason Jar Recipe Ideas For Work
1. Easy Loaded Tuna Mason Jar Salad (Confessions of An Overworked Mom) – Kicking off this massive list of cold lunch ideas is a super-easy-protein-packed option that also happens to be gluten-free, Paleo friendly, and Whole 30 approved. Oh, and it’s also awfully pretty to look at…almost too pretty to eat.
2. Quinoa Chickpea Mason Jar Salad (Melanie Cooks) – 10 minutes of prep time is all that stands between you and this healthy cold lunch idea! However, if that’s a little too much for your schedule, you can make this flavor filled salad up to 5 days in advance and store it in the fridge.
Bonus: This meal is meatless meaning it’s going to save you even more money! If you’re willing to try even more meatless meals, here are 32 tasty vegetarian recipes to get you started. (While I originally compiled these for picky little eaters, a.k.a. toddlers, there’s no reason adults can’t enjoy them too!)
3. Chicken Apple Mason Jar Salad (Melanie Cooks) – Looking for cold lunch ideas for work? Look no further. This salad is bursting with color, flavor, and nutrition. I also love how it’s super portable thanks to the fact that it’s made in a Mason jar.
4. Mexican Vegan Burrito Bowl Mason Jar Salad (Chipotle-Style) (Melanie Cooks) – Does your college co-ed have a bit of a Chipotle addiction? Help him or her save money (and calories) with this cheap healthy meal for college students! (Psst this is also a great office lunch option.)
5. Barley & Zucchini Mason Jar Salad (Hot Eats and Cool Reads) – Keep things interesting with this cold lunch idea. The barley-zucchini combo may sound strange but it tastes great (trust me!). Tip: Make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge (in a Mason jar) for a grab-and-go lunch option.
6. Mason Jar Pasta Salad (Must Have Mom) – I love healthy cold lunches (like this one) that you can make Sunday night and enjoy throughout the week. Yep, this healthy grab-and-go option stays super fresh (thanks to the Mason jar) all week long.
7. Caprese Pasta Salad Mason Jar (Must Have Mom) – Most cold lunch recipes that are made in a Mason jar will stay fresh for several days (thanks to the Mason jar), but some (like this one) will get even better with age as the vegetables marinate. Yum!
8. Mason Jar Chef Salad (Must Have Mom) – If you need quick cold lunch ideas for adults, you’ve come to the right place. All that stands between you and this yummy pasta salad is 5 measly minutes!
Bonus: These awesome Mason jar salads are perfect for Mom and Dad, but they may not be a hit with your picky little eater. When it comes to the kiddos, get inspired with these 60 toddler lunch ideas.
9. Sweet Kale Superfood Mason Jar Salad (Must Have Mom) – Easy cold lunch ideas don’t get much easier than this recipe. Seriously, I bet you can whip it up in under 5 minutes!