Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day but lunch is no laughing matter. Lunch allows you to take a break from the grind, refuel, and then power through the rest of your work day. With many of us constantly on the go and quite busy, there’s a tendency to either not stop at all for lunch or opt for quick and typically unhealthy foods. After all, who has time to prepare and enjoy a healthy lunch for work?
Umm…you do! 🙂
Healthy lunch recipes for work do exist and they don’t take hours and hours to prepare. What time these healthy lunch recipes for work do take is well worth it. Consuming a healthy lunch (and truly taking the time to enjoy it) will help energize you for “round two” of your day. Here are 25 healthy lunch recipes for work to get you inspired (and hungry)!
For more delicious and healthy recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s low calorie recipes Pinterest board.
25 Healthy Lunch Recipes for Work
1. Very Veggie Fried Rice: Instead of ordering Chinese takeout, opt for this healthy lunch recipe for work. It’s fairly quick and easy to make plus you can throw together a big batch all at once and then eat it over multiple days.
2. Veggie-Packed Pasta Salad: With less than 215 calories per serving plus loads of vitamins A and C, this healthy lunch recipe for work is sure to be a favorite.
3. Avocado Hummus & Tomato Sandwich: Be sure to clearly label this delicious sandwich with your name or it might mysteriously vanish from the employee’s fridge!
4. Turkey Caesar Sandwich: Who needs Subway (and all that lunch time traffic) when you have this amazing healthy lunch recipe for work?
5. Tuna Cabbage Salad: If you’re tired of the same old thing for lunch day after day, give this healthy lunch recipe for work a try.
6. Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich: This simple and healthy sandwich is vegetarian friendly.
7. Kale-Quinoa Bowl : With this healthy lunch recipe for work, you’ll forget all about the the 50 emails waiting for you in your inbox. Sit back and enjoy!
8. Sun-Dried-Tomato Pasta Salad: This healthy lunch recipe for work may be a bit more complicated than the rest, but it is worth the effort! Trust me, the sun-dried tomato dressing is amazing.
9. Thai Green Curry Chickpea Burritos: Craving Mexican? Give these vegetarian burritos a try.
10. Caprese Salad Pita Pockets: With 11 grams of fiber and 16 grams of protein this delicious healthy lunch recipe for work is sure to give you the energy you need to power through that 3 o’clock slump.
11. Amy’s Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl: Lunch doesn’t get much simpler than this (well, without getting really unhealthy..stay away from the vending machines).
12. Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring Roll: This healthy lunch recipe for work brings two great dishes (BLTs and spring rolls) together into one delicious masterpiece.
13. BBQ Chicken Pita with Tangy Coleslaw: This healthy lunch recipe for work only calls for 4 ingredients.
14. Tortellini with Spinach and Tomatoes: Save time and money with this healthy lunch recipe for work. According to the chef, it only costs $3 per person (and that’s in NY) and takes just 20 minutes (including cook time).
15. Black Bean & Quinoa Salad: Here’s another scrumptious lunch option for the vegetarian (or vegan). However, you can bet that even avid meat eaters will love it!
16. Vegetarian Bean Chili: Repurpose last night’s yummy vegetarian bean chili for lunch. This is especially good when it’s cold outside.
17. Arnold Palmer Sandwich: This healthy lunch recipe for work might sound a little strange what with the hard-boiled eggs, pickles, tuna, and more but give it a try.
18. Chicken and Quinoa Bowl with Veggies: Introduce yourself to quinoa with this healthy lunch recipe for work. You two will be BFFs in no time!
19. Turkey Sloppy Joes: Are you feeling nostalgic for some of the delicious foods of your childhood? If so, here’s a healthy remake of a classic: Turkey Sloppy Joes.
20. Breakfast Flip-Flop: Breakfast isn’t just, well, for breakfast anymore. Repurpose some of your favorite (and healthy) breakfast dishes for lunch at work.
21. Shrimp and Edamame Stir-Fry: This healthy lunch recipe for work will have everyone in the office wonder who is heating what up in the microwave. Bonus: It’ll taste just as good if not better than it smells heating up.
22. Quinoa and Kale Patties: If you’re looking for new and interesting ways to use quinoa give this healthy lunch recipe for work a try.
23. Fuss-Free Frittata: With just 4 ingredients, healthy lunch recipes for work don’t get much easier. Plus, you may have everything you need to create this culinary delight already in your kitchen!
24. Taco Salad: Honestly, salad doesn’t get better than this. Instead of poking at limp, boring, and bland lettuce with your fork, give this healthy lunch recipe for work a shot.
25. Tortilla-Less Soup: At under 300 calories and nearly 40 grams of protein this soup is a lunch you’ll both look forward to and feel good about eating.
Lunch doesn’t have to be unhealthy, expensive, or sacrificed all together. Even if you have a high-stress full time job, you can (and should) enjoy a healthy lunch. Hopefully these 25 healthy lunch recipes for work will get you started in the right direction.
Do you have other great healthy lunch recipes for work? If so, share them in the comments.
Edna Williams says
These all look so good! Can’t wait to try all of them. Thanks for sharing!
Terri S says
Thank you for sharing. There are definitely some that will make my lunch table!
Leslie Rodriguez says
Suzuki Pho Quang says
thanks your post
You are welcome. 🙂 Kelli