Fun Party Favors For Kids: Fish-In-A-Bag Soap
Parents, can we make a deal? I won’t send your child home from a party with a bag bursting with candy and you return the favor. Seriously. I cringe every time my son comes in with a bag of sweets clenched in his sticky little fist. When you consider the cake (or other sugar laden foods) he had at the party, I think the candy is just a little too much. Especially when you have a picky eater (like I do) who rarely deigns to put anything nutritious in his mouth. Instead, let’s look to frugal, inedible, and fun party favors for kids.
If you need some inspiration for these fun party favors for kids, I highly recommend pulling items from either this list of 101 Easter basket ideas or this list of 101 stocking stuffer ideas. However, if you’re feeling crafty, I’m a big fan of this fun party favor for kids AND adults. It’s soap.
Wait, wait, wait… hear me out. This really is a fun party favor for kids (I promise). They’ll get a kick out of using soap with a fish embedded in it at bath time. Plus, the promise that they can play with the fish once the soap is used up is sure to motivate them to hop in the tub!
Tip: Any of these frugal and fun party favors for kids can also be used as prizes in games, such as these outdoor party games.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with this fun party favor for kids. For example, if your throwing a rainbow party use all different colors of fish. And, of course, you don’t have to use fish at all in this fun party favor for kids. You could use any figurine you like!
In addition to being sugar-free, I love that this fun party favor for kids is inexpensive and useful. It isn’t just another toy that’ll be forgotten in about a week.
So, if you’re onboard with my frugal, inedible, and fun party favors for kids plan… let’s get started!
1. Cut about 8 ice cube sized pieces from the soap block.
2. Place the pieces in a measuring cup.
3. Fill a pot half way with water, and place the measuring cup in the water.
4. Bring water to a boil.
5. Stir soap block pieces every couple of minutes with a wooden spoon until melted.
6. Once soap pieces have melted, remove pot from heat and remove measuring cup from the pot.
Warning: Be careful as the pot, water, and measuring cup will be very hot.
7. Add a couple drops of soap scent or essential oil to the measuring cup and mix.
8. Carefully pour your soap in a plastic bag and set fish in the bag.
9. Spray your soap with rubbing alcohol.
Note: The rubbing alcohol prevents air bubbles from forming.
10. Repeat step 1-7.
11. Pour the next layer of soap over the fish and spray with rubbing alcohol.
12. Secure the bag with a twisty tie.
13. Let set for about 30 minutes.
1. Remove plastic bag from this fun party favor for kids.
2. Use as you would normal soap.
Are you turning into a party animal? Now that we’ve got the fun party favors for kids covered, let’s move on to the other aspects of a party. These might come in handy: