25 Awesome Outdoor Party Games for Kids of All Ages
With warmer weather here to stay (fingers crossed), it’s time to head outdoors for some much needed fresh air, family time, and frugal fun. Whether it’s just you and the little ones, a slew of family members, or the entire neighborhood, there’s plenty of fun to be had with outdoor party games. If you’re looking to mix things up a bit this season, check out these 25 awesome outdoor party games for kids of all ages – you’re sure to be inspired.
By the way, for more fun activities for the kids follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Activities for Kids Pinterest board.
1. Cornhole: This outdoor party game is sure to be loved by kids and adults alike. Watch out, the competition can get pretty fierce! Bonus: You can find a variety of cornhole sets including one for your favorite sports team on Amazon.com
2. Bananagrams: Like scrabble but with a twist, this outdoor party game will give you a physical and mental workout.
3. Inflatable Twister: Take this much beloved indoor game outdoors. Everyone, regardless of age, will have a blast twisting themselves into pretzels.
or Lawn Twister: Yet another way for you to show of your flexibility…or lack thereof. 🙂
4. Backyard Oversized Jenga: Challenge your kids (and yourself) with this outdoor party game. Building it can be just as much fun as playing it. Get directions to create your own oversized Jenga set here.
5. Patio Dominoes: This game might have a reputation for being for the “elderly” but trust me, take it outdoors and your little ones will love it!
6. Spring Time Tic-Tac-Toe: Give tic-tac-toe a spring makeover.
7. DIY Ring Toss Game: This outdoor party game will have you day dreaming of county fairs and church carnivals. Can you smell the funnel cake? Warning: The DIY part is definitely more adult-oriented.
8. Rainbow Paver Hopscotch: Get transported back to your younger years with this game. Don’t hog it from your little ones!
Or Glow in the Dark Hopscotch: During the summer, when schools out, it’s fun to occasionally be the “cool” mom and let the kids stay up late. Indulge in some after dark fun with this outdoor party game.
9. DIY Ping Pong Table: I feel a ping pong championship coming on! Face off against friends, family, neighbors, your kids and even your kids’ friends.
10. Milk Jug Toss: This outdoor party game is quick to create but don’t worry, it isn’t light on the fun!
11. Giant Pick Up Sticks: This game is a bit of a brain teaser and it’s sure to keep the little ones entertained for a while so that mom and dad can kick back and relax.
12. Target Station with Pool Noodles: This outdoor party game is like some kind of summer olympics event. See who can take home the gold!
13. Water Pinata: If you aren’t lucky enough to have a pool or have access to a pool (a.k.a. impose on your neighbors), what better way is there to cool off?
14. Obstacle Course: Get creative and dream up your own outdoor party game in the form of an obstacle course. Your imagination is the limit with this fun activity.
or Wild Wheels Obstacle Course: A variation on the “traditional” obstacle course.
15. Fruit Roll Up or Doughnut Race: This outdoor party game makes your child work for that sugary sweet treat!
16. Bucket Ball: Here’s another backyard game that will have you fantasizing about festivals. Good news – this is just as much fun but a lot more frugal.
17. Toss Hula Hoop Over Balloon Game: Sunshine, balloons, hula hoops-what more could you ask for? This outdoor party game combines fun and learning as it allows kids to improve their gross motor skills and basic math skills.
18. Tug of War: Surely this one needs no explanation. Let the best man (or woman) win!
19. Glow in the Dark Ring Toss: Use this outdoor party game to wear the little ones out before bed. They’ll have a blast playing and love watching the glowing rings sail through the dark.
20. Walk the Plank: Ahoy matey! It doesn’t take much to put together this fun pirate themed game.
21. Popcorn Drop: Just try not to eat the main “ingredient” in this outdoor party game.
22. Sack Race: There’s a reason this outdoor party game is a classic. Not only is it tons of fun but it’s totally low maintenance.
23. Disk Tic-Tac-Toe: Put a spin on tic-tac-toe. This will turn up the challenge and the fun.
24. Pool Prize Search: If water parks just aren’t in the budget, give this outdoor party game a try. The kids can cool off while they search the water for a “prize”.
25. Yard Maze: Use supplies from Mother Nature like grass clippings, sticks, or fallen leaves to create a winding labyrinth in your yard. Challenge little ones to see who can find their way through the fastest.
This season, you’ve got plenty of outdoor party games to choose from. Whatever activities you go with are sure to enthrall your kids-after all, they’ll have the most fun when they’re spending time with their loved ones.
Do you have other ideas for kid-friendly outdoor party games? Share them in the comments!