Use this free cover letter template the next time you submit a job application!
Whether you’re applying to jobs left and right or honing in on one special position, a free cover letter template can take a lot of pressure off your shoulders!
While your resume shows why you would make a valuable addition to an organization, the cover letter allows you to make a personal connection before diving into the cold, hard facts.
A personal connection is crucial when it comes to job applications! Of course, your skills and experience are important, but forming a relationship with a hiring manager can make the difference between securing an interview and being passed over.
Our free cover letter templates will show you how to start forming that relationship before you ever meet face-to-face.
In addition to the cover letter template free in this post, we’re going to tell you the most important elements of a cover letter and give you some examples!
Let’s dive in, so you can land the job of your dreams. If you’re applying for a teaching position, check out our Free Teacher Cover Letter + Examples post!
Resume Cover Letter Template
According to Indeed, a cover letter should include:
- Header with your name, city and zip code, phone number, and date. Also, the name and title of the recipient, and the company name and address.
- Salutation with the hiring manager’s name or [To Whom It May Concern].
- Introduction that mentions the position, your interest in filling it, and why you’re a good fit.
- Body paragraph that includes relevant achievements, skills, and specialties.
- Conclusion that highlights a significant anecdote.
- Letter ending and signature.
BONUS Letter Templates
In addition to this free cover letter template, we have some more letter templates that will come in handy throughout the year!
Check out our Teacher Welcome Letter Template – Free and Customizable, Free Printable Easter Bunny Letters, and Free Printable Tooth Fairy Letters. They’re fun for the whole family!
Cover Letter Template Examples
Here’s a simple cover letter template that shows how you can put all the pieces together:
555 Street Address City, State (123) 456-7890
March 15, 2023
123 Street Address, City State
Dear [Hiring Manager],
I’m thrilled to see an opening for [position] at [company] I found on Indeed. I believe my [skills] will help you accomplish [goal]. I’m excited to have an opportunity to bring my passion for [industry] to your company.
“As the [former/current position] at [company], I was responsible for [responsibility]. Before that, I worked in [role] at [company] where I [achievement].
Achieving ambitious [industry] goals is always a top priority. I enjoy [task that relates to goal] and have propelled [company] forward with my [achievement]. My [quality that sets you apart from the crowd] allows me to navigate [roadblock/issue] by [creative problem-solving tactic]. I look forward to bringing these qualities and skills to your organization.
Ending and signature
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you to learn more about [role] and [company].
Professional Cover Letter Template Tips
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you use our cover letter for resume template:
- Our cover letter template free PDF is editable, so you can easily add your information and keep the professional formatting.
- A cover letter should be one typed page with 10-12 point professional font, such as Helvetica or Arial.
- When using a template for cover letter, double-check to make sure you’ve removed all generic information that was provided! You don’t want to send a cover letter that has a stock address or a string of sentences in a language you don’t understand.
BONUS Letter Templates
We know spring has just spring, but why not get a jump-start on holiday planning?
Our Printable Free Christmas Letter Templates, Printable Santa Letter Templates (Free Downloads), and Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Letter Template will help you cross a few things off your to-do list during that busy time of year.
Leave a Reply