This 5 ingredient DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe will sooth your body and mind! Yep, it’s just what the doctor ordered for the stressful holiday season.
DIY Oatmeal Bath Soak Recipe
The holidays are stressful. There, I said it. … Okay, the holidays are also fun, filled with love, and even a little bit magical, but they’re still stressful. Especially if you’re a working mom. (Is there any other kind?) Luckily I have a few tricks up the sleeve of my ugly Christmas sweater that are sure to help me (and you!) relax. One of these “tricks” is this easy DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe!
One of the many (many) great things about this homemade oatmeal bath soak is that it’s good for your body and your mind.
When it comes to your body, particularly your skin, this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe is your new BFF. According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Susan Stuart, “Oatmeal contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and as such is ideal for sensitive skin and to treat a variety of skin disorders (i.e sunburns, eczema and poison ivy).” In addition, oatmeal can help balance your skin’s PH level… meaning it’s great for soothing the dry/itchy skin winter is famous for!
As for your mind, the lavender in this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe is perfect for relaxation. (Plus, you’ll probably be a lot less stressed if your skin isn’t all red and irritated! 🙂 )
As mentioned earlier, this homemade oatmeal bath soak is easy. It calls for just 5 ingredients and requires no cooking. Not even using the microwave! Seriously, you could whip up this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe just about anywhere… including your dorm room. Hint, hint all you frugal college students that need holiday gifts! 😉
Yep, this homemade oatmeal bath soak makes an awesome holiday gift for anyone on your shopping list who could use a little relaxation… which is everyone, right?
Use this homemade oatmeal bath soak as a stand alone gift or stocking stuffer or up your game by pairing it with other homemade bath and beauty products like coconut oil sugar scrub bars, rosemary shampoo bars, and peppermint bath bombs.
If you need more ways to relax this holiday season or just want a theme for your homemade bath and beauty products, consider pairing this DIY oatmeal bath soak with other lavender items. (Remember, lavender promotes relaxation!) Some of my favorites are:
Here’s to a stress free holiday season… or at least a less stressful one! 😉
This will create enough DIY oatmeal bath soak for 10-12 bags.
1. Cut muslin/tulle into approximately 8” x 8” squares.
2. Combine oatmeal and powdered milk in a large bowl.
3. Stir in castile soap, jojoba, and lavender essential oil.
4. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the DIY oatmeal bath soak mixture into the center of a fabric square.
5. Gather up the corners, twist, and tie off with a small piece of ribbon.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have used up all of the homemade oatmeal bath soak mixture.
7. Place bags in a pretty jar or basket next to your bathtub or give them as holiday gifts!
1. Drop a bag into your tub or hang from the faucet where it is in the direct water flow.
2. Soak and enjoy the physical and mental benefits of your DIY oatmeal bath soak.
If you enjoyed this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe, please be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty, Homemade Beauty Products, Beauty Hacks, and DIY Fun Pinterest boards for similar fun recipes and activities!
Young Living Essential Oils
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.