This 5 ingredient DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe will sooth your body and mind! Yep, it’s just what the doctor ordered for the stressful holiday season.
DIY Oatmeal Bath Soak Recipe
The holidays are stressful. There, I said it. … Okay, the holidays are also fun, filled with love, and even a little bit magical, but they’re still stressful. Especially if you’re a working mom. (Is there any other kind?) Luckily I have a few tricks up the sleeve of my ugly Christmas sweater that are sure to help me (and you!) relax. One of these “tricks” is this easy DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe!
One of the many (many) great things about this homemade oatmeal bath soak is that it’s good for your body and your mind.
When it comes to your body, particularly your skin, this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe is your new BFF. According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Susan Stuart, “Oatmeal contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and as such is ideal for sensitive skin and to treat a variety of skin disorders (i.e sunburns, eczema and poison ivy).” In addition, oatmeal can help balance your skin’s PH level… meaning it’s great for soothing the dry/itchy skin winter is famous for!
As for your mind, the lavender in this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe is perfect for relaxation. (Plus, you’ll probably be a lot less stressed if your skin isn’t all red and irritated! 🙂 )
As mentioned earlier, this homemade oatmeal bath soak is easy. It calls for just 5 ingredients and requires no cooking. Not even using the microwave! Seriously, you could whip up this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe just about anywhere… including your dorm room. Hint, hint all you frugal college students that need holiday gifts! 😉
Yep, this homemade oatmeal bath soak makes an awesome holiday gift for anyone on your shopping list who could use a little relaxation… which is everyone, right?
Use this homemade oatmeal bath soak as a stand alone gift or stocking stuffer or up your game by pairing it with other homemade bath and beauty products like coconut oil sugar scrub bars, rosemary shampoo bars, and peppermint bath bombs.
If you need more ways to relax this holiday season or just want a theme for your homemade bath and beauty products, consider pairing this DIY oatmeal bath soak with other lavender items. (Remember, lavender promotes relaxation!) Some of my favorites are:
Here’s to a stress free holiday season… or at least a less stressful one! 😉
This will create enough DIY oatmeal bath soak for 10-12 bags.
1. Cut muslin/tulle into approximately 8” x 8” squares.
2. Combine oatmeal and powdered milk in a large bowl.
3. Stir in castile soap, jojoba, and lavender essential oil.
4. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the DIY oatmeal bath soak mixture into the center of a fabric square.
5. Gather up the corners, twist, and tie off with a small piece of ribbon.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have used up all of the homemade oatmeal bath soak mixture.
7. Place bags in a pretty jar or basket next to your bathtub or give them as holiday gifts!
1. Drop a bag into your tub or hang from the faucet where it is in the direct water flow.
2. Soak and enjoy the physical and mental benefits of your DIY oatmeal bath soak.
If you enjoyed this DIY oatmeal bath soak recipe, please be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty, Homemade Beauty Products, Beauty Hacks, and DIY Fun Pinterest boards for similar fun recipes and activities!