Homemade Bath Bomb Recipe: Homemade Peppermint Bath Bombs
When was the last time you indulged in a little “me” time? If you’re wondering if peeing with the bathroom door closed counts, you’re long overdue. Seriously, this holiday season, take a break from all that shopping, baking, and decorating to treat yourself. You don’t have to reserve a spot at a 5 star spa or anything extravagant. In fact, one of my favorite escapes takes place right in the comfort of my own home: A nice soak in the tub. To make the experience a bit more indulgent, I like to use DIY bath products like this homemade bath bomb recipe, bath fizzies, and lavender body scrub.
If you’re skeptical that a simple bath plus this homemade bath bomb recipe will leave you feeling rejuvenated, you don’t have to take my word for it….
“In 2002 a University of Wolverhampton study found that a daily bath, usually at the end of the day, significantly improved the mood and optimism of the participants, which was attributed to a combination of bodily comfort, warmth, isolation, and body positioning,” (Thorpe, 2015).
Yep, science has just given you an excuse to take a bath! You’re welcome. 🙂
DIY bath and beauty products like this homemade bath bomb recipe can take the built-in benefits of a relaxing bath to the next level. For example, this homemade bath bomb recipe contains peppermint essential oil which has a myriad of benefits including relieving pain (such as muscle soreness), improving focus, and boosting energy (source). In addition, this homemade bath bomb recipe contains coconut oil which is great for skin including treating acne and preventing wrinkles.
This homemade bath bomb recipe has very little hands on time (about 10-15 minutes) making it a great way to treat yourself without totally throwing off your schedule. In fact, what I’d do is try to make a batch in the morning, let the bombs firm up in a silicon mold throughout the day, and then indulge in a relaxing soak after the little one has been tucked in. A bath complete with homemade peppermint bath bombs is a great way to unwind before bed.
Since this homemade bath bomb recipe can easily be scaled up, make a double (or even triple) batch to use as homemade gifts this holiday season. Trust me, just about anyone on your shopping list will appreciate these peppermint scented bath bombs.
Bonus: Consider pairing these homemade peppermint bath bombs with other peppermint scented DIY bath products for a themed gift basket. Some of my favorites are this:
- Peppermint mocha foot scrub
- Peppermint foot soak
- Peppermint Mason jar gift set – Contains lotion bars, body scrub, body butter, and shaving cream
So, what are you waiting for, rid your tub of all those bath toys, unless you find rubber duckies relaxing, and try this homemade bath bomb recipe today!
1 cup baking soda
¼ cup Epsom salts
½ cup citric acid
2 tsp. almond, coconut, or rosehip oil
15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
Spray bottle with water
Food coloring (optional)
Half pint mason jar
1. Stir together baking soda, Epsom salts, citric acid, and oil.
2. Add peppermint essential oil.
Tip: Instead of adding all of the peppermint essential oil at once, add a couple of drops at a time until the desired scent strength has been reached.
3. Add 1-2 drops of red food coloring (optional).
Note: You can also use coloring specifically for bath soaps in place of food coloring. It should be available at the craft store.
4. Spray mixture with water from the spray bottle a little at a time and mix with your hands until the powder sticks together.
Note: The mixture should be damp not wet.
5. Press mixture into silicone mold and allow to dry for 4-5 hours.
6. Pop gently from the mold and place in a Mason jar.
Note: Approximately four bath bombs will fit in a half pint Mason jar.
To use: Drop 1 or 2 peppermint bath bombs into running water. Soak and enjoy the tingle!
– – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.