Homemade Lip Balm
Did you know the summer can be just as inhospitable to your lips as the winter? Sure, most of us associate cold, blustery weather with chapped, damaged lips but the summer holds its own dangers. From the sun (yes, your lips can get sunburnt) to chlorine in the pool to wind, this season can be quite trying for you and your lips. But, that’s all about to change… thanks to this recipe for homemade lip balm.
Regardless of the season, this recipe for homemade lip balm will keep your lips satiny smooth, and since it is chemical free, this recipe for homemade lip balm is safe for anyone to use. In fact, this recipe for homemade lip balm only has 4 ingredients so I would feel comfortable letting my little one use it.
Other than the lack of (potentially) harmful chemicals (as if that weren’t enough), this recipe for homemade lip balm has other benefits. For one, you can make these homemade lip balms in under an hour and the most amount of time will be spent waiting for the mixture to harden in the freezer. There’s actually only about 10 minutes of hands-on time with this recipe for homemade lip balm. Two, since this recipe only calls for 4 ingredients in fairly small amounts, it’s pretty low cost to make. Plus, each “batch” makes 5 lip balms which can be stored for later use. Three, you can customize this recipe for homemade lip balm to fit your preferences by adding or switching out essential oils. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
Tip: Since this recipe for homemade lip balm makes 5 “tubes” at a time, this would make for a pretty thoughtful little gift. Consider pairing this lip balm with other DIY beauty products to make a heartfelt gift set.
So, pucker up and say bye bye to chapped lips!
Note: If you’re not using an EOS lip balm container skip to step 3.
1. Empty each EOS container by using a spoon or fork to pop out the pizza shaped piece in the bottom of the container.
2. Wipe out the empty container and place the three pieces (top, bottom, and pizza shaped insert) in a pot of boiling water for about 90 seconds to sanitize.
3. In a glass measuring cup combine beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil.
4. Microwave for about 90 seconds (or until melted), stirring halfway through.
5. Mix in 10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
6. Fill the top part of the EOS container with liquid lip balm mixture.
7. Snap the pizza piece into the top lid so that when the lip balm hardens it will be connected to the pizza piece.
8. Set in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
9. Carefully, with a fork or spoon, pull the pizza piece out (with the lip balm attached).
10. Smooth the top of the rounded lip balm with a clean finger.
11. Pop the pizza piece into the bottom piece of the EOS container, making sure to align the half circles.
12. Twist the lid on.
To Use: Apply this recipe for homemade lip balm directly to lips as needed.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.