13. Jalapeno Basil Chicken (Glitz & Grits) – This is one of the very few cheap quick easy dinner recipes that should probably be “adults only.” While delicious and a fab way to add a little kick to your week, the jalapeños are probably too spicy for most kids.
14. Frugal Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (Recipe This) – Okay, to be honest, this recipe had me at frugal, but keep reading. If you’re a fan of Mexican food, this should definitely be on your weekly menu, and it definitely falls into the “cheap meals with chicken” category. You can make it for less than $1 a person!
15. Southwest Skillet Chicken and Rice (Living Sweet Moments) – Since you only need 5 minutes of prep time for this cheap and easy family meal AND it’s filled with cheesy goodness, how could you pass this southwestern delight up? Consider serving with warm tortillas, diced green onions, diced tomatoes, and sour cream.
16. One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice (Living Sweet Moments) – The prep time for this dish is a bit longer than a lot of the others in this article but it is a one pot meal so you’ll save on clean up later on. 🙂
17. Chicken Corn Chowder Casserole (Lydi Out Loud) – Warm up this winter with cheap quick easy dinner recipes like this one. Tip: Follow the chef’s suggestion and make this casserole healthier by opting for Progresso® Light soups.
18. Chicken Sausage & Veggie Ragu Sauce (Lydi Out Loud) – This filling Italian dish can easily become a healthy budget recipe. Simply replace the noodles with cooked spaghetti squash! Seriously, it’s an easy (and frugal) way to cut out carbs and calories.
19. Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice (Mashup Mom) – One thing I really dislike is wasting food. This cheap quick easy dinner recipe is an excellent way to use up any leftover chicken without feeling like a boring leftover meal, if you know what I mean. Bonus: You only need 30 minutes to whip this recipe up.
20. Awesomely Fantastic Homemade Chicken Soup (Mashup Mom) – Homemade chicken soup may be just what the doctor ordered during cold and flu season or the winter in general. Not only will this recipe provide you with enough yummy, comforting soup to feed a small army, it’ll make your house smell amazing!
21. Poppy Seed Chicken (Thrifty T’s Treasures) – Cheap meals with chicken like this one are some of my favorites because they’re quick and call for pretty commonplace ingredients. As a busy mom who hates wasting food, I don’t have time to drive around hunting for exotic ingredients nor do I want to buy a bunch of ingredients just to use a teaspoon and then throw the rest away (or let them rot in the back of the fridge).
22. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie (Thrifty T’s Treasures) – Here’s another tasty pot pie recipe to keep you and the family warm this winter. Tip: You can make the filling ahead of time and freeze it for when you need a cheap quick easy dinner recipe in the future!
23. Lemon Chicken & Rice (Recipe This) – It’s hard to find cheap meals with chicken that are much cheaper than this. You can make this mouthwatering chicken recipe for just $0.45 per person! Serve with rice and veggies for a filling and healthy family meal.
24. Spanish Tray Bake Chicken (Recipe This) – The cook time required for this flavorful dish is a bit heavy (80 minutes) BUT don’t let that scare you away. You only need 5 minutes of hands on prep time, so just get dinner started a little earlier than usual.
Angela MacRae says
Wow these recipes sound great 🙂
Thanks, Angela! Hope they make your life easier. 🙂 Kelli