Tuna Budget Family Meals
45. The Best Tuna Patties (The Rising Spoon) – I think the versatility of tuna is often overlooked. When we hear ‘tuna,’ most of us just think of boring tuna salad, right? However, this frugal fish can be used in a lot of budget family meals and recipes, including this one for tasty tuna patties!
46. Paleo Tuna Salad Served in Bell Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – Remember that boring tuna salad I mentioned a minute ago? You know, a staple of cheap dinner meals and lunch options? Well, thanks to this yummy (if I do say so myself!) recipe, you’ll never look at tuna salad the same way again. Plus, this version is paleo friendly (mayo free).
47. Two Cheese Tuna Mexi-Melts (Food Meanderings) – On the hunt for cheap meals to cook that are also fast and healthy? Yep, it can be hard to find a recipe that checks all three boxes, but here’s one that meets all those requirements and is still dripping with cheesy goodness. These tuna melts come together in just 20 minutes and only have 185 calories! Oh, and did I mention the cheesy-ness? 😉
48. Tuna Noodle Casserole with Peas (Tasty Casseroles) – Casseroles are probably the king of cheap easy meals. I like them for their budget friendliness and because they tend to be versatile… oh, and have cheese. (Okay, I might have a small cheese addiction.) One way to change up this particular casserole is to sneak in some extra veggies, such as carrots.
Vegetarian Budget Family Meals
49. Crockpot Banana Nut Oatmeal (Freebie Finding Mom) – With just 15 to 20 minutes the night before, you can wake up to a budget family meal that smells almost as good as it tastes! Seriously, there’s nothing quite as good as waking up to a mouth watering aroma that leads you to a cozy, hot breakfast, am I right?
50. Vegan Baked Three Bean Chili (Nuts and Walnuts) – Take traditional dishes and turn them into cheap dinner meals by making them without meat, like this chili. Trust me, it’s so yummy that everyone will be way too busy scarfing it down to ask where the meat is!
Bonus: That baked chili recipe comes together pretty darn fast, making it a great weeknight option. If you need other quick and easy meal options, look no further! Here are some of my favorite frugal cheap quick easy dinner recipes.
51. 10-Minute Gluten-Free Vegetable Lo Mein (Strength and Sunshine) – Have dietary concerns? No worries, there are still plenty of cheap meals to cook up, like this veggie lo mein for instance. It’s vegan and top-8 allergen free! Oh, and it comes together in just 10 minutes. Yep, you read that right: 10 minutes.
52. Easy Lentil Vegetable Soup (Moneywise Moms) – Cheap easy meals that your family can feast on for several days are awesome. This lentil veggie soup is healthy and hearty and good in the fridge for 3-4 days so make an extra big batch and enjoy for lunch or a quick dinner a few days later.
53. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (The Rising Spoon) – Okay, fine, some budget family meals are cheaper if you buy the store variety (versus making them yourself at home), and soup is a great example of that. However, store-bought soup just can’t compare to homemade soup. It just can’t. Not ever. This creamy tomato basil soup is way better (both in taste and nutrients) than anything you’ll get out of a can. I think that’s worth a few cents more.
More Budget Family Meals
54. Easy Breakfast Pizza (Freebie Finding Mom) – Who says you can’t have pizza for breakfast? Cheap meals to cook that are flexible so they can be altered to fit your family’s preferences are a must-have. This breakfast pizza offers a lot of options. You can use pretty much any veggies or meats you’re craving… or that your picky little eater will eat.
55. Crockpot French Toast Casserole (Freebie Finding Mom) – Think French toast is only for special occasions? Think again! With the help of your crockpot you can transform French toast into a weekday cheap easy meal that’ll actually have the kids eager to get up and start the day!
56. Mexican Quinoa (Freebie Finding Mom) – This cheap dinner meal is great whether you have huge family or a teeny tiny one. First off, the recipe can easily be scaled up and down. Second off, you’re going to want to have leftovers because you can actually freeze them and use them on another day when you need a quick dinner option! 🙂
Bonus: Here are even MORE cheap meals for large families.
57. Easy Cheesy Broccoli Cavatelli (Mom Foodie) – Easy and cheesy? This budget family meal is off to a great start with just the first two words! I love that this hearty dish calls for just 7 minutes of prep time.
58. Cheesy Vegetable Chowder (Inspiring Savings) – Looking for cheap dinner meals that are filled with veggies? Wouldn’t it also be nice if your picky little eater would you know, eat it? Look no further! This cheesy vegetable chowder, which comes together in about 30 minutes, is about to be a new family fav.
Hungry for more budget family meals? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Easy Dinner Recipes on a Budget, Slow Cooker Meals, and Must Try Food Recipes Pinterest boards for all the culinary inspiration you can handle!
Denise Low says
Thank you for sharing. We are on a fixed income so I am happy to get any kind of ideas. Thank you
You are very welcome, Denise. 🙂 Kelli