8 Low Calorie Salad Dressing Recipes
I’m a big fan of salads (and low calorie salad dressing recipes, but more on that later). Salads are a great way to pack in nutritious fruits and vegetables, go well with just about anything, and are relatively easy to make. I especially enjoy salads in the summer when you can get fresh, local produce. However, for all their perks, salads can get you into trouble.
A lot of people fall into the trap of thinking salads are super healthy and low calorie, and while they can be, they often aren’t. Cheese, croutons, salad dressing, and other toppings rack up calories fast!
Sure, you could just leave off the cheese, croutons, salad dressing, and other high calorie toppings but that would result in a pretty boring salad. That’s where low calorie salad dressing recipes come in handy.
The low calorie salad dressing recipes you’ll find in this article are my favorite. Of course, you could buy low calorie salad dressing at the grocery store but I prefer to make my own. When you take a DIY approach, you’re better able to control what’s in your food. You don’t have to worry about hidden calories, fat, sugar, etc.
Don’t worry, none of these low calorie salad dressing recipes are difficult or time intensive. They’re well worth the little effort they require.
Tip: If you eat salad on a regular basis, make a double batch of a low calorie salad dressing recipes and keep the extra in your fridge for next time!
1. Delicious Grilled Summer Vegetables With Citrus Dressing (Freebie Finding Mom) – This low calorie salad dressing recipe isn’t just for salads. It pairs great with grilled vegetables. In addition you can customize this low calorie salad dressing recipe by using different herb blends.
2. Holiday Salad Recipe: Baby Blue Salad with Fresh Pears and Sweet and Spicy Pecans (Freebie Finding Mom) – While this low calorie salad dressing recipe originally accompanied a holiday salad, I enjoy it (and the salad) year-round. This low calorie salad dressing recipe is pretty versatile so don’t be afraid to try it with a variety of salads.
3. Easy Miso Salad Dressing (Mama Likes to Cook) – This low calorie salad dressing recipe is incredibly simple. You just throw the ingredients in a blender and then refrigerate. Seriously, it’s that easy.
4. Easy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (Mama Likes to Cook) – Cut even more calories from this low calorie salad dressing recipe by using plain Greek yogurt in place of mayo. Plus, this low calorie salad dressing recipe calls for just 4 ingredients… how many ingredients are in the store bought honey mustard?
5. Spinach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing (Ashlee Marie) – This low calorie salad dressing recipe is as tasty as it is pretty. I just love the purple-pink color! Bonus: This recipe also includes instructions for making a delicious spinach salad that pairs wonderfully with the low calorie salad dressing.
6. Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Moneywise Moms) – This low calorie salad dressing recipe goes well with vegetables and meat. You can easily use it as a marinade for chicken or pork.
7. Poppy Seed Salad Dressing (The Good Hearted Woman) – You can enjoy 2 tablespoons of this low calorie salad dressing recipe and only accumulate 10 calories! Pretty good, right? Don’t let the ingredient list scare you away from this low calorie salad dressing recipe; it’s still super simple to make.
8. Greek Salad with Homemade Dressing (The Chaos and the Clutter) – This slightly exotic low calorie salad dressing recipe is great when you feel like your salads are in a bit of a rut. All you have to do is shake the ingredients together and chill.
Do you have other DIY low calorie salad dressing recipes that are too good to miss? If so, please share the details in the comments!
If you’re looking for other delicious yet healthy recipes, be sure to check out:
- Coconut oil popcorn
- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Sweet potato and kale chips
- Fruit and vegetable juice cleanse
- Paleo-friendly tuna salad
- Healthy lunch recipes – These are perfect for work!
- Healthy cold lunch ideas
- Brown bag lunch ideas
- Low Calorie Recipes – Pinterest board
- Lose Weight & Get Healthy – Pinterest board
Leave a Reply