Warmer weather is here (for most of us at least) so start cleaning off the patio furniture and grill. Cooking out is a delicious and fun summer activity that’s perfect for having friends and family over. If you’re looking for summer recipes to go with the warm weather you have to try this one for dressing up grilled summer vegetables.
This summer recipe produces the perfect side dish (grilled summer vegetables with citrus dressing) for just about anything you’re whipping up on the grill. Plus, this summer recipe is much healthier than grabbing a handful of potato chips to accompany your hamburger or hotdog.
Consider pairing these delicious grilled summer vegetables with the best grilled chicken. I assure you it’s amazing! For more yummy recipes follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Recipes Pinterest board.
Delicious Summer Recipe For Grilled Summer Vegetables With Citrus Dressing
3 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips
3 small eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips
1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus, trimmed
You can also use zucchini, bell peppers, onions or other vegetables of your choice.
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
Chopped herbs and seasoning blend of your choice. (In this recipe we used a citrus seasoning blend and thyme.)
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue.
- Brush the vegetables with 1/4 cup of the oil until coated lightly.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over (about 7 minutes for the yellow squash and eggplant and 4 minutes for the asparagus) Note: The key to getting those great grill marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they’re placed on the grill.
- While the vegetables are grilling, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme in a small bowl with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Arrange the grilled vegetables on a platter.
- Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables.
This summer recipe for delicious and healthy grilled vegetables is sure to be a favorite among friends and family alike! Do you have more great summer recipes? Share them in the comments.
This delicious summer recipe of grilled vegetables was prepared by the skilled hands of Lynne Morris, a professional food stylist for 9 years who has worked with companies including Kroger, Procter & Gamble, John Morrell and HoneyBaked Ham just to name a few. View more of Lynne’s creations.
The individual responsible for bringing Lynne’s handiwork to life is Larry White. He has been a professional food photographer for 15 years and has also worked for many of the who’s who in the industry. Learn more about Larry and his impressive work.
Paul T says
mmm … a very special dish for raw-vegans! it looks amazing! yumms <3
Terri S says
The citrus dressing sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Hotmail login account says
The dressing sounds great! Thank you for the nice recipe!
Marie Ano says
Hope you like it. 🙂