Searching for a recipe that can feed a crowd and look good doing it? Look no further than this turkey cheeseball recipe. I know, I know, cheeseballs are as common as broken diets at parties but I assure you, this turkey cheeseball recipe will stand out from the crowd! 🙂
First off, this turkey cheeseball recipe is adorable. It looks like (you guessed it) a turkey so it’s a fun fall or Thanksgiving dish for any get-together. In fact, it’s almost too cute to eat!
Notice I said almost? Seriously, I’d be surprised if you have any leftovers, that’s how yummy this turkey cheeseball recipe is! Even my picky little eater enjoys this dish so you know it’s got to be delicious.
Since it looks good and tastes good you’re probably wondering what the catch is, right? Sorry to disappoint you, but there’s no catch here. This turkey cheeseball recipe is the whole package. Good looks, delicious taste, and easy to make. In fact, this turkey cheeseball recipe and this meat and cheese turkey platter are my go-to Thanksgiving dishes.
This turkey cheeseball recipe can be made in less than thirty minutes and requires no cooking. Believe it or not, you could actually make this turkey cheeseball recipe in a college dorm; that’s how little equipment it requires.
One thing I love about this turkey cheeseball recipe is that you can make it ahead of time. If you’ve got a super busy day (and who doesn’t around the holidays?) you can whip this up the night before or first thing in the morning and just pop it in the fridge till you’re ready to leave.
One word of warning, be careful when you taste test this turkey cheeseball recipe… you may not be able to resist having just one more bite and then one more! 🙂
Looking for more impressive-but-secretly-easy recipes like this turkey cheeseball recipe? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Easy Appetizers Pinterest board.
16oz softened cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 dry ranch packet
Townhouse pretzel thins
1 cup whole pecans
1 slice cheddar cheese
1. Add cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, and ranch packet to a large bowl and mix well.
2. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball and set on a small plate.
3. Insert 10 to 15 pretzel crackers into the back of your cheese ball.
Note: These are the tail feathers.
4. Insert pecans into the top and sides of cheeseball.
5. Wash and slice red pepper into strips.
6. Insert one pepper strip towards the top and front of the cheeseball.
Note: This will be the head.
7. Place another pepper strip so it runs vertically from the base of the cheeseball up to the pepper strip head.
Note: This will be the neck.
8. Cut a small triangle from a piece of sliced cheese and place it on the end of the red pepper slice that is the “head.”
Note: This will be the turkey’s nose.
9. Fill two olives with a tiny amount of cream cheese mix and place onto the red pepper face.
Note: These will be the eyes.
10. Enjoy this turkey cheeseball recipe with crackers and peppers.
Tip: Mix it up by having different types of crackers, pretzels, and vegetables to dip in the turkey cheeseball.
Getting a jump start on Thanksgiving? Here are some other articles to get you geared up for Turkey Day: