Thanksgiving appetizers aren’t usually the talk of the table. Typically they consist of the same old vegetable and dip platters and meat and cheese trays. Tasty but boring, am I right? If you’re looking for a way to add a little flare to Thanksgiving appetizers, look no further than this adorable meat, cheese, and cracker turkey platter.
All this Thanksgiving appetizer is is a meat, cheese, and cracker tray. You simply arrange the ingredients to resemble an adorable (but not too adorable to eat) turkey platter. You’ll save money on your Thanksgiving appetizer by purchasing the ingredients separately (versus buying a pre-made meat and cheese tray) and your guests will be impressed with the finished product.
I like this turkey platter because it is something that looks different, but is still a staple of most Thanksgivings. It isn’t a strange dish that no one will eat… in fact, this turkey is likely to disappear faster than well, the actual turkey!
Bonus: This Thanksgiving appetizer is pretty easy to “cook”. Actually, no cooking is involved with this tasty turkey platter. You simple do a little slicing, layer the ingredients, and your Thanksgiving appetizer is good to go. It’ll probably be the easiest thing you make this Thanksgiving.
What more easy appetizers like this turkey platter? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Easy Appetizers Pinterest board.
Club cracker snack sticks
French bread loaf
1. Slice off a 5″ piece of French bread.
2. Cut the piece of bread in half crosswise (see image below) and place it on the platter with the jagged (cut) side at the bottom of the platter.
3. Take a piece of cheddar cheese and cut out a small triangle; place it in the middle of the French bread (for the Turkey’s nose).
4. Take a piece of pepperoni, cut a small piece off, and place it so that it “pokes out” from under the piece of cheddar cheese.
5. Place 2 candy eyes above the triangle; now the piece of French bread should look like a turkey’s face.
6. Place a row of hard salami around the bread.
7. Use half of the bone shaped cookie cutter to cut the mozzarella cheese (see image below).
8. Use the round end of the snowman cookie cutter to cut the cheddar cheese (see image below).
9. At the top of the platter, begin fanning out your cut cheeses alternating between cheddar and mozzarella.
10. Place a row of club crackers so that they overlap the cheese; leaving spaces between your crackers (see image below)
11. Place a row of pepperoni below the club crackers (but overlapping slightly).
12. Keep rotating your different cheeses, club crackers, and meats around the French bread (turkey’s head).
Enjoy your Thanksgiving appetizer!
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving appetizers and dishes? Please share in the comments.
For more Thanksgiving goodies, check out: