Planning a family road trip? Keep the kids occupied with this word scramble printable game! It’s educational, entertaining, and loaded with road trip-themed words.
There are a few things that are essential to an excellent family road trip—snacks, music, and perhaps most importantly, occupied kids. Yep, nothing derails the mood faster than a chorus of “I’m bored” or “he’s touching me” from the back seat. Stave off the chaos with the help of printable word scrambles and other printable road trip games!
Word scrambles of all kinds, from road trip-themed to printable Easter word scrambles, are a great option for travel entertainment. Here’s why:
- Whether you’re going by train, plane, or automobile, they’re easy to pack and take up very little space.
- They’re low prep. You need nothing but a writing utensil to get your kids started with a word scramble printable.
- They’re low mess. When your kids are done with their printable Easter word scramble, printable road trip word scramble, etc. there’s just a piece of paper or two to deal with.
- Whether we’re talking about a frugal or a free printable word scramble, we’re talking about an activity that is both entertaining and educational!
Yep, you read that right. A word scramble printable is entertaining and educational. They can help:
- Develop word recognition.
- Build the ability to use context clues.
- Improve spelling.
- Build pattern recognition.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
Are you keyed up for this road trip-themed printable word scramble? Then let’s get to it!
Oh, wait, one more quick detour! If the mention of a printable Easter word scramble got your attention, make a pit stop here: 5 Printable Fun Easter Games for Kids.
Road Trip Word Scramble Printable Game
This word scramble printable includes 10 trip-themed words for your kids to untangle. If you feel like it’s a bit too challenging for your child, consider giving him or her the first letter (or maybe the first and last letter) using the answer key below! Depending on your child’s age and ability you could also challenge him or her to create their own word scramble for you to try to solve, using this printable word scramble as an example.
Bonus: Even if you’re taking a “stay-cation” this year, printables are a great way to keep kids of all ages, including adults, entertained. Here are some more printable games and activities you may want to add to your download list!
- 6 Printable Valentines Games for Kids
- 10 Free Printable Bridal Shower Games
- Christmas Bingo Game Printable
- Free Printable Bridal Shower Question Game
- Bridal Shower Games Free Printables: What’s In Your Purse Bridal Shower Game Printable
And remember, with a little creativity, you can turn non-printable games and activities into printables! For example, by using printable letters you can make this ABC letter games for kids printable.
Frugal (Not Free) Printable Word Scramble Answer Key
What good would this frugal (not free) printable word scramble be without the answer key! Don’t forget to download this and pack it so you can check your kid’s work. 🙂
Bonus: While all printables are fun, at least to me, not all fun is a printable. (Haha, right?) Here is some frugal fun for your road trip that doesn’t include printables! Check out the 25 Travel Games for the Car now.
Printable Road Trip Games Bundle
As great as this frugal (not free) printable word scramble is, it probably won’t keep your kids entertained for the whole trip. Luckily, there are more printable road trip games ahead! Yep, I’ve got a whole fun and frugal bundle you can snag right now. In addition to the printable word scramble shown above the Printable Road Trip Games Bundle includes:
- I-Spy Game
- Scavenger Hunt
- Disney Word Search
- US Word Search
Plus, you get this handy-dandy Printable Road Trip Checklist!
Leave a Reply