This recipe for homemade lip balm is super simple to make, and it is packed with good for your skin ingredients like coconut oil!
Recipe for Homemade Lip Balm: DIY Vanilla Orange Lip Balm
Unfortunately, it isn’t just winter that’s harsh on your lips. Nope, summer presents its own set of lip challenges like sun, chlorine (from the pool), and cold drinks. Not to mention non-season specific things like kissing, wind, spicy foods, and the chemicals found in many bath and beauty products. If you want to keep your lips looking (and feeling) fabulous all year long, I’ve got the perfect recipe for homemade lip balm for you!
This recipe for homemade lip balm contains lots of good for your skin ingredients and none of those potentially irritating artificial chemicals. For instance, this recipe for homemade lip balm has coconut oil and vitamin E oil as well as orange essential oil.
Orange essential oil is a great addition to this recipe for homemade lip balm for multiple reasons. For one, it has a great smell that may even be able to boost your mood and help you de-stress. I also love the scent because it makes this recipe for homemade lip balm suitable for all seasons. While scents like peppermint can be yummy, they never seem quite suitable for swimsuit season.
The orange essential oil in this recipe for homemade lip balm offers more than just potential psychological benefits. It can also help heal skin, thanks in part to the Vitamin C, and fight the signs of aging like dark spots. Plus, it’s antioxidant properties can help protect against skin damage caused by UV rays and pollution!
With all of these awesome benefits, you might be thinking that this recipe for homemade lip balm has got to be super complicated, akin to a science experiment, but you’d be wrong. This recipe is easy and calls for little hands on time making it the perfect quick DIY beauty project.
If you’re lips are already feeling a little dry and damaged, consider prepping them for this homemade lip balm by taking advantage of this homemade sugar lip scrub!
*Vitamin E oil is an optional ingredient in this recipe for homemade lip balm, but I highly recommending including it as it’s super good for your lips and will act as a preservative.
1. Place beeswax and coconut oil in glass container.
2. Place the glass container in a small pot and add just enough water to cover half of the glass container.
3. Heat on medium-low, stirring frequently, until completely melted.
4. Remove container from pot and stir in vanilla, orange essential oil, and Vitamin E oil.
Warning: Be careful as the container, pot, and water will be hot!
5. Allow the mixture to cool and firm up.
Tip: Pop this recipe for homemade lip balm in the fridge and it will harden faster.
6. Apply recipe for homemade lip balm to lips as needed.
Tip: Store out of direct sunlight and heat to keep your lip balm firm.
Looking for more DIY bath and beauty products? Look no further! Here’s a heaping helping of homemade bath and beauty products.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.