Need to wash your hair but have no time? Try this homemade dry shampoo recipe. For days you do have time to wash try this homemade conditioner for natural hair.
Homemade Dry Shampoo Recipe: Rosemary and Cedarwood Dry Shampoo
This easy DIY dry shampoo recipe is one of those products you’re going to want to make and have on hand just in case. Trust me. There’s going to come a day when you’re too busy (or frankly, too tired) to go through your whole hair routine. When that happens, instead of just hiding your hair under a hat, turn to this, the best dry shampoo DIY recipe around.
Without any water, this homemade dry shampoo recipe will remove oil (without leaving your hair overly dry), refresh your locks, and leave your hair smelling amazing! Better yet, it’ll do all of that with the help of just 4 ingredients and about 10 minutes. 🙂
This DIY dry shampoo not only helps your hair look its best, it’ll also make your hair and scalp healthier. You can thank the essential oils, rosemary and cedarwood, for that. Both are thought to improve hair growth/slow hair loss and can be used to treat a dry, flaky scalp. Bye, bye dandruff!
Sure, you could buy dry shampoo products at the store, but would they be able to do all of this great stuff without the use of scary chemicals and irritants? I don’t think so! Homemade dry shampoo is definitely the way to go… especially since it’s so darn easy. Seriously, the instructions are 1 (that’s right, one!) step long. You can whip up a batch of this DIY dry shampoo in about 2 minutes.
Keep some of this, the best dry shampoo DIY recipe EVER, in your bathroom, gym locker, and at work for those emergency situations. You’ll be glad you did! 😉
Oh, and if you do have time to go through the whole hair routine, consider ditching those store bought products. You can score shinier, healthier locks by using homemade products like this coconut milk shampoo, detangler, conditioner for natural hair, and leave in conditioner.
1 cup of cornstarch
1 tablespoon bentonite clay
10 drops rosemary essential oil
5 to 7 drop cedarwood essential oil
Color (optional: cocoa powder for brunettes, cinnamon for redheads)*
Makeup brush (for application)
*The use of cocoa powder or cinnamon in this DIY dry shampoo helps tint the powder to match your hair. This is totally optional.
**For my homemade dry shampoo container, I like to use an 8 ounce wide mouth Mason jar because I think it looks pretty sitting out on the vanity; however, you can use whatever you have on hand.
1. Add all ingredients to your container and combine well.
Tip: Using a whisk or a fork to combine all of the ingredients works really well.
1. Dip makeup brush in homemade dry shampoo.
2. Tap makeup brush against the side of the jar to remove excess dry shampoo.
3. Beginning at the roots, dab makeup brush on hair.
Note: You should not need to apply dry shampoo DIY recipe to the tips of your hair.
4. Allow DIY dry shampoo to sit while you do something else (approximately 5-10 minutes).
5. Run a brush through your hair until any visible homemade dry shampoo is removed/blended in.
6. Style as normal using your favorite DIY hair products, like this sea salt spray.
Impressed with this homemade dry shampoo recipe? Me too! In fact, I think it’s the best dry shampoo DIY recipe around! If you’d like to try more DIY bath and beauty recipes be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s:
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.