Is bath time a battle at your home? Then it’s time to drop the bomb… bath bomb that is! This homemade bath bomb recipe will have kiddos begging for a bath!
Homemade Bath Bomb Recipe: DIY Kids Surprise Bath Bombs
Sometimes when I tell my son that it’s bath time he acts like he’s the Wicked Witch of the West. Suddenly, if one drop of water touches him, he’ll melt.
Seriously, I don’t know whether it’s harder to find meals for picky eaters or get him to take a bath. Luckily, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve, like this homemade bath bomb recipe, that can make bath time a little more appealing.
This homemade bath bomb recipe has a lot to like, for both kiddos and parents. For kiddos, these homemade bath bombs offer fun and colorful fizz as well as a super secret surprise. For parents these DIY bath bombs ease the battle of bath time. In addition to convincing kiddos that water isn’t their arch nemesis, these homemade bath bombs can help kiddos relax and get ready for bed. Yep, just add some lavender essential oil to this homemade bath bomb recipe to promote some much needed relaxation.
If you need even more weapons for the bath time war, try this “fish in a bag” soap recipe.
This homemade bath bomb recipe is quick and easy to make. Other than waiting for these homemade bath bombs to harden, this recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes. In addition, you can make a great big batch all at once, meaning that these DIY bath bombs can make fun, frugal, and sugar free party favors or kid friendly gifts!
*Keep the cost of these homemade bath bombs down by checking out your local dollar store or shopping for bulk toys online.
1. Combine all dry ingredients except the mica powder in a bowl.
2. Stir in essential oil.
3. Spritz mixture with water. You only want the mixture wet enough that it will hold its shape when squeezed firmly in your hand.
Tip: To avoid over wetting these homemade bath bombs, add just 1 or 2 sprays at a time and then test mixture to see if it holds together.
4. Add mica powder colorant until desired shade is achieved.
Tip: Want homemade bath bombs in multiple colors? Separate the mixture into separate bowls and then add different mica powders.
5. Press mixture firmly into molds, filling each mold about 1/3 of the way.
6. Press a toy into each mold.
7. Continue filling the mold with the homemade bath bomb recipe mixture until the toys are covered.
Note: Press the mixture down firmly to ensure these DIY bath bombs hold together.
8. Let homemade bath bombs dry and harden for at least 4 to 5 hours (overnight is better).
9. Once this homemade bath bomb recipe has solidified, gently pop each bomb from the mold and store in a dry place until ready to use.
1. Drop a single homemade bath bomb into running water.
There are so many great products you can make at home with the help of essential oils. Trust me, this homemade bath bomb recipe is just the tip of the DIY iceberg. If you’re looking for more homemade inspiration be sure to follow the Freebie Finding Mom:
- DIY Fun Pinterest board
- Essential Oil Recipes Pinterest board
- DIY Beauty Pinterest board
- Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.