Got a blemish that just won’t go away? Try this homemade acne spot treatment!
Homemade Acne Spot Treatment: Best Roller Recipe!
If you’re dealing with annoying, hard-to-get-rid-of breakouts, I get you! This time of year can be really rough on the skin: harsh winter weather, holiday stress, and lots of sugary treats all combine to wreak havoc on the complexion. So if you’re waking up the morning after a ski trip or holiday party to find an unwanted visitor (or two) on your skin, you’ll want to try this acne spot treatment (best for just about any skin type!). This homemade acne spot treatment is natural, affordable, and so easy to make!
One of the biggest reasons I love this acne dark spot treatment is that it’s made with natural essential oils, so it’s not so harsh and damaging for the skin. If you are…of a certain age…you might remember those Stridex pads that were incredibly popular as a pore cleanser and acne fighter. And wow, did they burn!
After using them, you could expect to see skin that was angry, red, and stinging. (The cure was worse than the disease, as they say!) But unlike the terrible Stridex pads of yore, this spot treatment for acne is effective without any of the nasty side effects you get from harsh chemical treatments.
I like to use this homemade acne spot treatment for the occasional blemish that pops up seemingly out of nowhere. It’s great for travel and on-the-go application, too: the roller ball makes it possible to pop this acne spot treatment (best for all skin types) into your bag and apply it whenever you need it.
For daily care of acne-prone skin, however, I recommend one of the natural, homemade recipes below. If you have acne prone skin, check these out:
- Best Homemade Acne Treatment (another zit-zapper for use at home)
- Homemade Face Scrub for Acne (a balanced scrub to exfoliate skin without stripping skin’s natural moisture)
- Homemade Oatmeal and Honey Face Mask (a moisturizing and calming mask with natural antibacterial properties)
- Homemade Acne Stick (a roller ball acne fighter for on-the-go application)
- Natural Homemade Grapefruit Face Scrub for Acne (a great grapefruit scrub that’s safe for acne-prone skin!)
- Homemade Aloe Mint Foaming Face Wash for Acne (a foaming face wash that’s soothing, cleansing, and not drying, unlike many other foaming face washes)
- Homemade Face Wash for Acne and Oily Skin (one of my favorite face washes, perfect for oily and acne-prone skin)
- Coconut Oil for Acne and Wrinkles (not a recipe, but an explanation of why acne-prone skin should embrace oil instead of avoiding it!)
Without further ado, let’s get into the acne spot treatment recipe!
1. Fill your roller bottle halfway with witch hazel.
2. Add 2 drops Vitamin E oil using a dropper or pipette.
3. Carefully add 3 drops of each of the essential oils listed above in the ingredients. (To keep from wasting oils, a pipette or dropper would be the best way to add them to the bottle.)
4. Add a little more witch hazel to fill the bottle up to just below the neck.
5. Shake well to combine.
Shake well before each use. Roll on face as needed wherever you see or feel acne coming up.
And that’s it! (I told you this treatment was easy to make.) I’d love to hear how this treatment, and any of the other homemade skin care, works for you; feel free to leave a comment below!
- Witch Hazel
- 2 drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
You will also need:
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Fill your roller bottle halfway with witch hazel.
- Add 2 drops Vitamin E oil using a dropper or pipette.
- Carefully add 3 drops of each of the essential oils listed above in the ingredients. (To keep from wasting oils, a pipette or dropper would be the best way to add them to the bottle.)
- Add a little more witch hazel to fill the bottle up to just below the neck.
- Shake well to combine.
To use: Shake well before each use. Roll on face as needed wherever you see or feel acne coming up.