This homemade acne stick has just 3 ingredients but it’ll zap zits in no time! Another remedy to try is this recipe for the best homemade acne treatment.
Millions of Americans struggle with acne, so waking up to a giant pimple shouldn’t be embarrassing… but it is. Seriously, you spend your whole day feeling like that’s the only thing people can focus on. They don’t see you. They see a big fat zit. Am I right? Luckily, this 3 ingredient emergency zit stick can help clear up your face quickly without subjecting your skin to chemicals or harsh ingredients!
This homemade acne stick is super easy to make and to use. You can wrap up this DIY beauty project in less than 5 minutes! Plus, you can use this product just about anywhere, and since it’s just a roller ball bottle, it’s discreet.
While I love that this emergency zit stick is all natural, has few ingredients, and is simple to make and use, what’s most important is whether or not its effective, right? Well, I’ll let the ingredients in this homemade acne stick speak for themselves. You’ve got witch hazel, frankincense essential oil, and melaleuca (a.k.a. tea tree) essential oil. All three ingredients in this emergency zit stick have powerful antibacterial powers that are great at killing the bacteria infesting your pores. Witch hazel also has astringent and antioxidant properties that are great for treating acne, blisters, insect bites, and inflammation as well as speeding up healing. With this acne stick in your arsenal, that pimple doesn’t stand a chance!
Tip: The ingredients you purchase to make this emergency zit stick should be enough for more than one. Make multiple acne sticks and keep one at home, one in your purse, and one at the office. That way you’ll have one wherever you might need it!
Homemade Acne Stick
This emergency zit stick is great for popup pimples, but if you struggle with breakouts and acne on a regular basis, you may want to try:
*When choosing a roller bottle for your emergency zit stick, opt for a tinted glass bottle. Plastic is a bad idea because overtime, essential oils can eat through the material. In addition, you want a tinted bottle for your acne stick because sunlight can cause essential oils to breakdown faster.
**You need to use a glass dropper when working with essential oils because, as mentioned above, overtime, they can eat through plastic.
1. Gently remove the roller insert from the bottle.
2. Fill with witch hazel to the “shoulder” of the bottle.
3. Use a dropper to carefully add frankincense and melaleuca to your emergency zit stick.
4. Replace roller and cap and shake well to combine.
1. Your acne stick should be applied to a clean surface so remove any makeup and wash the affected area first.
Tip: Use these homemade makeup remover pads and this aloe and mint foaming face wash or this grapefruit face wash.
2. Roll your emergency zit stick over the affected area
Note: It is safe to use this acne stick 2-3 times a day on the same area.
3. Allow to dry.
Impressed with this homemade acne stick and want to try more homemade and all-natural bath and beauty products? I’ve got just the thing! Get inspired by following Freebie Finding Mom’s
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.