Summer is the perfect time for kids to explore, have fun, and create lasting memories. Creating a summer bucket list is a fantastic way to keep them engaged and excited throughout the season. Here we’ll share a variety of exciting and interactive summer bucket list ideas for kids.
To make things even easier for you, we’ve also prepared a bucket list summer ideas printable template that you can download and customize for your child’s summer adventures.
Why Create a Summer Bucket List?
Creating a summer bucket list allows kids to set goals, try new things, and make the most of their time off from school. It provides them with a sense of anticipation and adventure, making the summer even more enjoyable. Additionally, a bucket list encourages children to step out of their comfort zones and explore new activities.
Before we get into a few fun summer bucket list ideas included on this printable template, help your kids get into a daily summer routine by downloading our Printable Daily Schedule for Kids at Home and watch as they flourish in their daily activities. The charts are perfect for kids of all ages to use.
The Ultimate Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids
There are 32 summer activities included on our fun summer bucket list template, below are some of them.
- Visit the Zoo: Spend a day observing and learning about fascinating animals from around the world. Many zoos offer interactive experiences, such as feeding giraffes or petting farm animals. Most kids love bucket list ideas for summer that include animals.
- Waterpark Adventure: Cool off from the summer heat by visiting a thrilling waterpark. Let your kids splash around in the pools, zip down water slides, and enjoy the wave pools. If heading to a waterpark isn’t in your family’s budget, check out this post of Fun Free Things to do Near Me for alternative ideas.
- Ice Cream Delight: Treat your taste buds with a visit to the local ice cream parlor. Allow your children to choose their favorite flavors and toppings to make it an extra special experience.
- Park Picnic: Pack a delicious picnic lunch and head to a nearby park. Engage in games, throw a frisbee, or simply enjoy quality family time while basking in the beauty of nature.
- Crafty Creations: Unleash your child’s creativity with fun craft projects. Whether it’s painting, making jewelry, or building a birdhouse, let their imagination run wild.
- Beach or Lake Adventure: Build sandcastles, swim in the refreshing water, and enjoy a beach or lake day. Don’t forget to bring buckets, shovels, and beach toys for endless fun. If your trip to the beach or lake isn’t in your local area, grab our Free Printable Summer Holiday Packing List to make preparing for your summer travels a breeze.
- Fair Fun: Check out your local fair or carnival and indulge in classic fair activities like riding Ferris wheels, winning prizes at game booths, and enjoying delicious fair food.
- Science Experiments: Spark your child’s curiosity with science experiments at home. Simple projects like creating a volcano, making slime, or growing plants from seeds are both educational and entertaining.
- Swim Away: Visit a community pool or a nearby swimming spot for a refreshing day of swimming. Teach your children essential water safety skills while they have a blast in the water.
- Family Movie Night: Set up a cozy outdoor movie area in your backyard. Grab blankets, pillows, and snacks, and enjoy a family-friendly movie under the starry summer sky. If you prefer movie watching indoors, grab a bowl of popcorn and everyone curl up on the couch.
Download Our Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids Template Printable
To make planning your fun summer bucket lists even easier, we’ve created a printable template for you to use. This family summer bucket list template includes a list of suggested activities.
Download and print the summer bucket list printable, and have your child personalize it by coloring and decorating. It’s a great way to get them excited about their summer adventures!
More Summer Activities for Kids
Need more summer activities for kids to keep them engaged this summer without breaking the bank? Check out our Huge List of Free (or Nearly Free) Summer Activities for Kids, guaranteed to bring smiles and laughter. We even have a list of 33 Cheap or Free Summer Activities for Teens in case your kids are older.
If even after checking out our helpful summer activities guides your kids need more ideas of things to do this summer, take a look at our post about How to Find Kids Entertainment Near Me Tonight. They may be able to find a local concert or festival they can attend.
Finally, you can discover family-friendly activities and entertainment options for both kids and adults in our guide on How to Find Family Fun Places Near Me for Kids and Adults.
Ready to create a memorable summer for your kids? Download our printable summer bucket list for kids template printable now and let us know in the comments what you are excited to do this summer.