Are you on a quest to lose weight, tone up, or just be healthier in general? If so, you’re in good company. Boston Medical Center reports that approximately 45 million Americans go on a diet each year and spend around $33 billion on weight loss products. Yikes! Today, I’d like to show you how you can lose weight and improve your health without spending tons of money. The secret? Your diet.
Sure, exercising is important, but it may not be the best way to shave off unwanted weight. Aaron Carroll of the New York Times says, “Exercise has many benefits, but there are problems with relying on it to control weight.” At the end of the day taking steps to improve what you’re putting in your body will pay off more than hitting the treadmill. Again, this does not mean you shouldn’t work out at all. I am not telling you to cancel your gym membership… that is unless you can find ways to work out for free such as in your own home! 🙂
One way I’ve changed my diet is by introducing healthy drinks to lose weight. I love these healthy drinks to lose weight because they’re quick and easy to make and great to take on the go. And it seems like I’m always on the go… how about you?
Before we dive into my 26 favorite healthy drinks to lose weight, here are a few resources I’ve come to rely on in my journey to a healthier me:
- Printable weight loss chart – You need to track your progress and this is an easy low-tech way to do so.
- Printable fitness journal – Track what physical activity you’re getting in every day. Look for ways to increase this activity bit by bit… such as taking an extra 100 steps a day.
- Printable food journal – Track what you’re fueling your body with. You may be surprised to learn that you have a 3 o’clock snack problem or are drinking a bunch of empty calories each morning with your coffee.
Now that you’ve got all the printables you can handle 🙂 I think it’s time for a drink… a healthy drink to lose weight that is.
1. Fruit and Vegetable Juice Cleanse (Freebie Finding Mom) – Full of high-fiber fruits and vegetables, this healthy drink to lose weight will keep you fuller longer, so you can avoid the siren’s song of the vending machine!
2. Healthy Breakfast Smoothie (Freebie Finding Mom) – This healthy drink to lose weight feels like a guilty pleasure because of the peanut butter and cocoa powder, but it’s really darn good for you and gluten-free to boot!
3. Fat Busting Blueberry Kale Smoothie Recipe (Coupon Cravings) – Looking for ways to take advantage of super foods like kale? Look no further than this healthy drink to lose weight. Thanks to the 1 cup of kale in this drink you’ll get roughly 9 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and a slew of vitamins including vitamins A, K, C, and B6.
4. Red Grape and Chia Smoothie (Mama Likes to Cook) – Healthy drinks to lose weight don’t have to be complicated. This delicious option calls for just 4 ingredients, so you can whip it up in a hurry!
5. Cucumber Mint Slushie (Mama Likes to Cook) – With hot weather just around the corner, I highly recommend this healthy drink to lose weight. It’s cool, refreshing, and just a tad bit sweet making it a great summer treat.
6. Mango-Ginger Juice (Mama Likes to Cook) – Need a tropical escape? Consider this healthy drink to lose weight. The mango, lime, and ginger are an exotic combination you won’t regret trying.
7. Carrot Ginger Juice Power Punch (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Ginger may not get the good PR of foods like kale but it’s still pretty impressive. Ginger helps with digestion, can increase energy, and may even decrease sugar cravings. Take advantage of this underrated food with this healthy drink to lose weight.
8. Strawberry Apple Smoothie Recipe (Ann’s Entitled Life) – I love healthy drinks to lose weight that use apples as a base, such as this smoothie, because apples are pretty inexpensive and there are so many varieties you can try. Trust me, simply changing which kind of apple you’re using can totally alter the taste of the drink.
9. Pineapple Coconut Smoothie (Dinner at the Zoo) – Who couldn’t use a beach vacation, am I right? While it may not be in the budget right now, at least your taste buds can escape to some place with white sand beaches and cocktails served out of coconuts with this healthy drink to lose weight.
10. Strawberry And Pineapple Protein Smoothie Recipe Made With Coconut Oil (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Take advantage of the health benefits of coconut oil with this healthy drink to lose weight.
11. Green Detox Smoothie Recipe (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Don’t let a busy life keep you from eating healthier. Tasty healthy drinks to lose weight like this one take just 5 minutes of prep time. That’s less time than you’d need to hit up a fast food joint.
12. Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe (Mom Fabulous) – This healthy drink to lose weight is a little more time intensive than the others in this list (11 minutes of prep vs. 5), but it is well worth the effort. It’s a great way to start your day and is filled with fiber packed ingredients that’ll give you the willpower to skip that bagel/doughnut/etc. at the morning meeting.
13. Tropi-Kale Green Smoothie (Lydi Out Loud) – Adding Greek yogurt to your healthy drinks to lose weight, as in this smoothie, is a great way to add in extra nutrients (such as protein) and give the drink a thicker texture.
14. Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie (All She Cooks) – Just because you’re trying healthy drinks to lose weight doesn’t mean you have to swear off chocolate. Whew, what a relief, right? Just check out this smoothie with cocoa powder for a healthy chocolatey option.
15. Protein Banana Smoothie With Wheat Germ (All She Cooks) – This healthy drink to lose weight might seem a little odd, after all it has a raw egg in it, but give it a try. I think the flavor combinations will surprise you (in a good way).
16. Peanut Butter, Spinach and Banana Smoothie (Farm Fresh Feasts) – The chef’s passion for this healthy drink to lose weight is contagious. She had this to say “It’s NOT like the other green smoothies I used to drink. I drink it because I enjoy the taste and feel satisfied after a glass. My kids ask me to make this. Our whole family enjoys this smoothie.”
17. Fruity Nutty Protein Shake (Housewives of Frederick County) – Thanks to the addition of protein powder, this healthy drink to lose weight is loaded with protein. This can be a great option for vegetarians looking to up their protein intake.
18. Al Roker’s Basic Berry Smoothie (Housewives of Frederick County) – Not only is this healthy drink to lose weight a tasty blend of berry flavor, it’s also pretty to look at it.