32. Juice Boxes – If you’re going to use edibles as a cheap Easter baskets idea, look for options like Apple & Eve 100% Juice Variety Pack that have no sugar added. This 100% juice will taste sweet but will not leave the little one in the throes of a sugar rush!
33. Kinetic Sand – Like 1lb Shimmering Blue Sapphire Kinetic Sand is an awesome Easter basket idea for boys as it is relatively inexpensive, can be played with indoors and out, stimulates creativity, and won’t make a god-awful mess. (Okay, that last one is really for you.)
34. Play-Doh – Here’s another great Easter basket idea for boys if you live in a place where the spring weather can be quite unpredictable (*cough* Ohio *cough*).
Idea: Buy a bunch of Play Doh, like this Play Doh 36-Can Mega Pack, and hide cans all around the house for a twist on the traditional Easter egg hunt.
Warning: Be sure to supervise all stamping or you’re practically guaranteed to end up with a stamp on the dining room table or the living room wall.
36. Novelty Erasers These make for a cheap Easter baskets idea and a fun way to get the kiddos geared up to head back to school. I like this Iwako Erasers Animal Overstock Pack because you get 20 fun erasers for just $11, plus, if you’re a member of Amazon Prime you can snag free shipping.
Tip: Give your little one a few of the erasers as an Easter gift but hold the rest back to use as rewards for completing chores or as “prizes” for educational games (like the flashcard activity mentioned previously).
37. Pool Toys – If you’re lucky enough to live in a warmer climate or are taking a beach vacation over spring break, pool toys like the Intex Floating Hoops Basketball Game Colors make a great Easter basket idea.
Tip: If you are taking a vacation, ensure you don’t forget anything by referring to this printable vacation packing list.
38. Dress-Up Accessories – Like Melissa & Doug Chef Role Play Costume Dress -Up Set With Realistic Accessories are a great way to encourage your little one to role play and use their imagination.
39. Beach Towels – This Easter basket idea for kids is another great addition to that beach vacation you’re planning. By the way, can I come with? 😉
Wondering which beach towel to get? Look for one that has their favorite colors, cartoon characters, or superheroes like this Marvel Spiderman Cotton 28″ x 58″ Beach/Bath/Pool Towel.
40. Banks – I love this Easter basket idea for boys and girls alike! Then again, I’m also a bit of a nerd. A piggy bank like this Schylling Rubber Piggy Bank is a great way to get your kiddo excited about saving money from a young age.
41. Slinky – I’m not sure who will have more fun with this classic toy, the kids or Mom and Dad!
Have more than one kiddo you’re shopping for? Opt for this 3 pack of The Original Slinky Brand Metal Slinky.
42. Milk Straws – If you aren’t familiar with the concept, milk straws, like this 4 Packs Official Milk Magic Flavored Straws, are disposable straws that add flavor to milk. The theory is that they will encourage your little one to drink more milk without adding all the sugar and calories that “traditional” chocolate milk syrup or powder would. Personally, I think this cheap Easter baskets idea is a fun way to give your child something sweet to eat (or in this case drink) without all the sugar you’d find in candy.
Tip: If your little one isn’t too keen on sleeping in his own bed, in addition to a night light, you may also want to try this homemade monster spray to ward off the things that go bump in the night. 🙂
45. Stickers – Especially this Cool Sticker 100 pcs Set make a fun Easter basket idea for kids and even teenagers. Kids can use these stickers to decorate bike helmets, school folders and notebooks, book covers (like the kind you make out of brown paper bags), and much more.
46. Gloves For Boys – Again, in the midwest, gloves like these N’Ice Caps Kids Thinsulate Waterproof Gloves are a totally appropriate Easter gift. Heck, we could potentially even have a snowball fight on Easter… or it could be 80 degrees.
47. Sidewalk Chalk – Looking for cheap Easter baskets ideas that’ll encourage the little ones to enjoy some fresh air? Look no further. Sidewalk chalk, like Crayola 24 Count Sidewalk Chalk, is an inexpensive way to encourage the kids to go outside, be creative, and even make some new friends.
49. Art Supplies – Have a budding Picasso on your hands? If so, art supplies, like this inexpensive Darice 80-Piece Deluxe Art Set, make for an awesome cheap Easter baskets idea. I especially like this art set because it comes with a case so everything can be put away nice and tidy. 🙂
50. Temporary Tattoos – Not only do temporary tats (don’t I sound tough?) like these Fun Express 72 Zoo Animal Tattoos make for a fun Easter basket idea for boys, they can also be used to “dye” Easter eggs. Here’s how to decorate eggs with temporary tattoos.
51. Activity Books – Keep little minds sharp (and occupied) with workbooks like this School Zone Activity Book Set for Kids. These are also a good Easter basket idea for boys if you’re going to be traveling around Easter as they’re easy to take on the go.
52. Bubble Bath – Make bath time special with this Easter basket idea for kids. Give their Easter basket a “bath time” theme by pairing bubble bath with some of the bath accessories (ex. toys and wash cloths) previously mentioned.
Wondering which bubble bath to buy? I recommend Babyganics Baby Bubble Bath because it is a “non-allergenic formula that is naturally gentle on skin and tear free.”
53. Hooded Bath Towels – Like this Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hooded Towel would also make a great addition to that bath time themed Easter basket.
Tip: If you’re opting for this Easter basket idea for boys, you might want to get two as I can practically guarantee that your kiddo will only ever want to use this towel, and trust me, at some point that thing is going to need washed!