17. Fresh and Easy Green Lentil Salad (Salt & Lavender) – Lentils are a staple in many make ahead lunch bowls. If you know you’re going to be using lentils in a couple of recipes save yourself even more time by making a big batch of lentils at the start of the week and just stockpiling them in the fridge.
18. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Salad (Fresh Menu Planner) – Use this recipe to get make ahead lunches for work and dinner. Make the pulled pork portion as a dinner this week and then use the leftovers as part of your salad. Don’t worry, the slow cooker does a lot of the work.
19. Avocado Egg Salad (Sugar, Spice & Family Life) – Don’t be afraid to get creative with your easy make ahead lunches! For example, this recipe is a twist on traditional egg salad that allows you to take advantage of the many health benefits of avocados.
20. Healthy Chicken Salad with Grapes, Apples and Tarragon-Yogurt Dressing (Two Healthy Kitchens) – What list of make ahead lunch ideas would be complete without a chicken salad recipe (or two)? Don’t worry, this isn’t plain old boring chicken salad…it’s bursting with flavor thanks to the crisp apples, fresh tarragon, and crunchy pecans!
21. Easy, Healthy Chicken Salad with Quinoa, Tomatoes, Lemon and Basil (Two Healthy Kitchens) – One of the (many) things I love about this healthy make ahead lunch is how adaptable it is. You can serve it warm or chilled, and you can even adapt it to be vegetarian friendly.
Bonus: No microwave available at work? No problem! Get inspired with 25 Healthy Cold Lunch Ideas.
22. BLT Egg Salad (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Traditional egg salads meets the classic BLT sandwich in this spoon scrapping good make ahead lunch bowl. Tip: Skip the bread and either eat this salad on lettuce leaves or straight out of a bowl.
Make Ahead Lunch Wraps
23. The 5 Minute Turkey Club Ranch Wrap (Food Meanderings) – This yummy recipe could work as a make ahead lunches for work or school. Yep, this wrap is something even your picky little eater will enjoy. Make prepping this wrap even quicker by pre-cooking several pieces of bacon earlier in the week and just grabbing them out of the fridge as you need them.
Bonus: I know how challenging finding healthy meals for picky eaters can be! Here are my go-to healthy lunch ideas for toddlers.
24. Chicken Hummus Naan Wraps (The Rising Spoon) – Many easy make ahead lunches take advantage of leftovers and this one is no exception. This wrap comes together super quick with the help of last night’s chicken!
25. Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps (Baking Beauty) – Need proof that make ahead lunch ideas can be just as good as the restaurant your coworkers are headed to? See exhibit A: These copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps. They’re delicious, inexpensive, healthy, and quick (just 15 minutes of prep time)!
26. Easy Chicken Parmesan Wraps (Two Healthy Kitchens) – This is one of my all time fav easy make ahead lunches because it’s such a hearty, comfort-food type dish and can not only be made ahead of time but actually frozen for consumption later.