Use this easy shower jellies recipe to get a luxurious experience without a luxurious price tag!
Homemade Shower Jellies Recipe
Around the holidays, I’m always on the lookout for inexpensive ways to pamper myself and those on my shopping list. Unfortunately, I can’t buy us all a day at the spa but I can use homemade bath and beauty recipes to create luxurious at-home experiences. My latest fun creation is a shower jellies recipe which was inspired by Lush shower jelly products.
If you aren’t familiar with Lush shower jellies, they tend to come in cute shapes, smell amazing, and have a silky-soft texture. While they aren’t as expensive as a trip to the spa, they also aren’t what I would consider budget-friendly. (They tend to be about $8 each.) Luckily, you can make a custom Lush shower jelly copycat at home with this shower jellies recipe!
One thing I really love about this shower jellies recipe (other than the price tag!) is how customizable it is. You can use any shower gel, including a homemade body wash. This means you can get any scent you like in your Lush shower jelly copycats!
Tip: If you’re looking to relax, consider using a lavender scented shower gel in your shower jellies recipe.
Another way to customize your Lush shower jellies is to use soap colorant. For example, if you’re gifting these this holiday season, you may want to use this shower jellies recipe to make red jellies. You can also opt for silicon molds in any shape you like so you can get cute shower jellies that look like flowers, snowmen, etc.
Oh, and this shower jellies recipe is so easy. Seriously, if you can boil water, you can tackle this recipe!
Use these Lush shower jelly copycats as stocking stuffers or make a whole homemade bath and beauty gift basket. Include other luxurious items like:
Tip: These homemade products don’t just make great gifts! They’re also a frugal way to pamper yourself so be sure to make extras! 😉
Tip: When picking a silicon mold to use for this shower jellies recipe, go with one that is no more than 1 ½”. You’ll only get one use out of a Lush shower jelly so using smaller molds will prevent waste.
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add gelatin to a bowl and stir in boiling water.
3. Add shower gel, essential oils, and soap colorant and stir well to combine.
4. Carefully pour mixture into silicone molds.
5. Spritz jelly mixture with rubbing alcohol to eliminate bubbles.
6. Place molds in the refrigerator to set.
Note: This will take approximately 2 or 3 hours.
7. Carefully remove homemade Lush shower jellies from molds.
8. Store Lush shower jelly copycats in a pretty jar (or even a plain Mason jar).
Loving this shower jellies recipe? Looking for more frugal and luxurious bath and beauty recipes? Look no further than Freebie Finding Mom’s:
- DIY Beauty Pinterest board
- Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board
- Beauty Hacks Pinterest board
- DIY Fun Pinterest board
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.