Searching for an inexpensive makeup primer for oily skin? Your search is over! Good for all skin types, this simple makeup face primer is ready in 2 steps.
Want flawless makeup that lasts all day? No, I’m not kidding. Do you want it? Guess what…? You can have it, thanks to this makeup primer for oily skin (and all skin types) recipe that I’m about to share with you! 🙂
Wondering what is makeup primer? I’m so glad you asked. The simple answer to “what is makeup primer?” is a magical serum. More specifically though, makeup face primer preps your face for the application of more makeup. It cuts down on shine, helps makeup last longer, and can even minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. The best makeup primers can also help protect your skin from environmental damage (ex. the sun).
You can purchase makeup primer for oily skin, dry skin, red skin, etc. at the store; unfortunately, they can be pretty pricey and may contain ingredients you would rather not expose your skin to. This can be specially true if you struggle with acne. Makeup primer (at least many versions) is formulated with silicone-based polymers like dimethicone; unfortunately, there have been reports of allergic reactions including cystic acne outbreaks in response to the use of dimethicone (source: Huffingtonpost).
Tip: If you are concerned about acne, definitely try this anti acne makeup primer. However, you may also want to try other homemade bath and beauty products as they tend to be less harsh on skin and less prone to clogging pores. For example, I’m a huge fan of this mineral powder foundation and this homemade blush.
In my opinion, the best makeup primer also happens to be a pretty inexpensive makeup primer. It’s the homemade makeup face primer I’m about to share with you!
Not only is this makeup primer for oily skin (and all skin types) gentle on your face, it’s actually good for your skin. Yep, this inexpensive makeup face primer will leave your skin feeling soft and looking healthy!
Bonus: This makeup primer for oily skin (and all skin types) is super simple to make. It only requires two quick steps. You don’t need a stove, microwave, or fridge.
Ready to whip up your own magical serum (a.k.a. the best makeup primer ever)? Let’s do it! Oh, and then I’ll show you how to apply makeup primer.
Homemade Makeup Primer For All Skin Types (Oily, Dry, Normal & Combination)
1. Using a funnel, add all the ingredients for your makeup primer for oily skin (and all other skin types) to your spray bottle.
Tip: Consider using a tinted glass spray bottle. Essential oils can be degraded by light overtime. A tinted container will keep your makeup face primer good longer. Plus, essential oils can erode plastic overtime.
2. Replace the lids and shake the bottle gently to combine.
3. Enjoy your inexpensive makeup primer!
Here’s how to apply makeup primer:
1. Gently shake or swirl the bottle to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
2. Mist your face with 1-2 sprays of this makeup primer for oily skin and all other skin types.
3. Fan your face to dry.
4. Apply makeup as you normally would.
5. Clean your makeup brushes with this homemade brush cleaner.
Tip: Looking for a gentle way to remove your makeup at the end of the day? Look no further than this recipe for cucumber scented makeup remover pads.
Love this inexpensive makeup primer for oily skin (and all skin types) and want more DIY bath and beauty recipes? Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty, Homemade Beauty Products, and DIY Fun Pinterest boards or browse the many homemade beauty product recipes located right here on the Freebie Finding Mom blog.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.