Homemade mineral makeup recipes, like this foundation, are a great way to save money, get the perfect shade, and protect your skin from harsh ingredients!
The Best Homemade Mineral Makeup Foundation
Whether you have sensitive skin or not, you have to be careful with store-bought makeups. This is especially true for many of the discount brands. For instance, store bought powdered makeup can contain questions ingredients like lead, formaldehyde, parabens, and other unpronounceable things. In fact, even an ingredient that sounds as harmless as “fragrance” can cause skin irritation. That’s why I use homemade mineral makeup recipes whenever possible, like this best mineral powder foundation.
In addition to protecting my skin from harsh ingredients and chemicals, this mineral blush recipe helps me save money, so it’s a win-win. Here’s how….
One, most of the ingredients in this homemade mineral makeup recipe are relatively cheap. In fact, you probably have 1-4 of the ingredients for this homemade mineral makeup recipe in your kitchen right now.
Two, with this mineral makeup blush/foundation, I’m able to get just the right shade. How often have you ended up throwing out makeup (or banishing it to the back of a bathroom drawer) because once you got home you realized it wasn’t quite right for your skin? Thanks to this, the best mineral powder foundation, you can stop throwing makeup (and thus money) in the trash!
While most of the DIY makeup recipes I use are pretty easy, this one for the best mineral powder foundation is especially so. All you need for this homemade mineral makeup recipe is a few measuring spoons, a bowl, and something to mix the ingredients together with (ex. a wooden spoon). That’s it. No “cooking” involved.
So…are you ready to get fabulous looking skin without clogging up your pores with chemicals? Try this homemade mineral makeup recipe today!
Tip: Pair this homemade mineral makeup foundation with this mineral makeup blush.
Note: Exact measurements are intentionally not provided. The amount used will depend on how much you want to make, your individual skin tone, and possibly the time of year (to account for any tanning from the sun).
1. Add a couple of tablespoons of arrowroot powder to a bowl.
2. Add 1 tsp bentonite clay.
3. Stir in 2 drops of lavender essential oil.
4. Mix well.
For a simple translucent homemade mineral makeup, stop here with step 4. If you prefer colored powder, keep going.
5. Stir in small amounts of cocoa powder until you achieve a slight pinkish tone.
6. Now mix in the appropriate ingredients for your skin tone, adding just a little at a time so you don’t go overboard.
– For warm skin tones, add cinnamon.
– For yellow skin tones, add ginger.
Tip: Brush a bit of powder onto the back of your hand to test the shade. In addition, be sure to keep track of the amount of each ingredient you’re adding so you can re-create this mineral makeup recipe in the future.
7. Carefully add powder to a jar and seal.
1. Dip a makeup brush gently into the mineral makeup blush/foundation.
2. Tap off any excess powder.
3. Apply this homemade mineral makeup powder to your face.
Love this homemade mineral makeup recipe? Here are some more awesome DIY bath and beauty products to try out.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.