Our bold number flashcards printables are great tools for kids that are just learning how to count and recognize numbers. To help your kids, you can download and print 1-20 flashcards now.
Did you know that number flashcards are an incredibly effective learning tool for kids of all ages? It’s true! Flashcards help with…
Active recall. Active recall happens when your brain starts to scan itself for learned concepts. Instead of pulling from memory to recognize a multiple choice answer, your mind works hard to assess what it knows and formulate an answer.
Metacognition. Metacognition is a fancy word for self-reflection. When we see the answer on the other side of the flashcard, our minds unconsciously assess how correct (or incorrect) we are. We begin to process how well we understand the concept in question and how our answer compares to the correct one.
Spaced repetition. Printable flashcards allow us to study things we don’t understand more often and things we do understand less often. This method is proven to enhance memory performance.
Let’s talk about how to use our math flashcards online, so you can reap all these amazing benefits!
Make Printable Flashcards
Our number flashcards 1-20 printable PDF includes four flashcards on each page.
You can make printable flashcards by carefully cutting out each number.
We recommend either printing onto a thicker paper, like cardstock, or gluing each number onto something sturdy, like a piece of cardboard – cereal boxes or old Amazon packages will do the trick!
Is your student almost ready to learn larger numbers? Download and print our Free Printable Number Chart 1-100 For Kids.
You can map out single, double, and triple-digit numbers on our 4 Free Blank Number Lines (Printable PDF Downloads).
How to Use Quick Math Flashcards
There are many different math flashcard games out there – you can really get creative with these! Here are two of our favorite ways to use printable number flashcards PDF:
- Number recognition. If this is the first time you’re introducing your little one to numbers, you can just hold the card up and tell them what they see. For example, say, “this is the number two. There are one, two dots” and so on. Make sure to grab our 2 Free Printable Number Line to 20 PDF Downloads + Worksheet for more practice!
- Counting. Fold the card in half for this game or cover the written number with your hand. The important thing is that the written number is covered. Present the dots to your child and ask them how many there are. Display the written number once they answer. Make sure you celebrate if they’re correct!
Free Printable Number Flashcards and More
In addition to these printable flashcard templates, we have some math learning materials that will help with counting, understanding number values and how they relate to each other, and writing numbers. Plus, they all have a creative aspect to them – what’s not to love?
- Printable Cursive Letters and Numbers and Printable Calligraphy Letters and Numbers are for kids and adults! These printables will help you create beautiful greeting cards, birthday signs, and more.
- Free Printable Number Stencils Set helps kids recognize numbers and can double as an art project!
- Free Printable Numbers Templates have nice and big numbers that are perfect for tiny hands to draw on. Use these to trace numbers or as free number coloring pages for kids. Check out our Free Printable Number Bubble Letters: Bubble Numbers 0-100, too!