Now is the perfect time to bust out a craft project… or 50, and I know these fall craft ideas will inspire you. Why now? Well, with the weather cooling off, keeping the kiddos entertained is probably a top priority, and these fall crafts for preschoolers and kids are sure to do the trick! Plus, you probably need to bone up on your crafting skills before tackling all those homemade holiday gifts in a few months. 😉
Whether you love fall or are trying to keep the kiddos from getting a nasty case of cabin fever, these fall craft ideas are sure to brighten your day (and your home). They’re fun, festive, and frugal—what more could a mom ask for?
Oh, and they really are fall crafts for toddlers and kids. Yep, your kids can tackle many of these projects with minimal supervision, which means they’ll stay engaged and entertained throughout. So, without further ado, fall into 50 fall craft ideas for kids! (Get it? 🙂 )
Fall Craft Ideas with Leaves
1. Faux Stained Glass Fall Leaves: Okay, the first of my fall crafts for preschoolers and kids doesn’t use actual leaves, but that means it’s perfect if you live in an area where you don’t normally get to enjoy beautiful fall colors! Download a couple of leaf templates for this fall craft here.
2. Leaf Creatures: I love fall crafts for toddlers that use found materials. To kick off this leaf creatures craft project, take your kiddo on a nature walk to look for inspiring leaves and maybe even other items. This is a great way to let their imaginations blossom!
3. Fall Leaf Finger Puppets: Reuse toilet paper rolls to make adorable fall leaf finger puppets! What could be better than fall craft ideas for kids that allow you to repurpose items that would otherwise end up in a landfill?
4. Autumn Leaf Bowls: If you’re up for a bigger, more involved fall craft idea, try these clay bowls shaped like leaves.
5. Falling Leaf Mobile: Experience falling leaves in your home with this cute mobile project.
6. Fall Foliage Picture Frame: This fall, whether you need a heartfelt gift or just want your home to feel a little more seasonal, turn to this fall craft for preschoolers and kids. What picture wouldn’t look better surrounded by vibrant fall colors?
7. Fall Leaf Print: Here’s another easy fall craft for toddlers and kids that’ll also allow them to get out of the house!
8. Fig Leaf Wind Chime: When done as shown, this fall craft idea for kids uses fig leaves, but I don’t see why you couldn’t accomplish the same thing with other leaves. You could also get creative and incorporate additional accessories like glass, metal, or bells to make a lovely chiming sound.
9. Watercolor Leaves: Watercolor leaves from the Discount School Supply store keeps this DIY project frugal and fun.
Tip: Want to save even more money? It looks like these watercolor leaves are made from the same material as coffee filters, so cut coffee filters in the pattern of leaves and use those instead! 🙂
10. Painted Leaf Rubbing Mural: Looking for classic fall crafts for preschoolers and kids? Look no further! I remember doing this exact same project as a kid. Simply rub crayons over leaves and use watered down food coloring to paint over the rubbings.
11. Salt Dough Leaf Prints: Artificial leaves come to life with the help of salt dough in this fall craft for toddlers.
Bonus: Here’s another version of this easy fall leaf craft for kids that uses real leaves!
12. Leaf Sunflower Craft: Searching for fall craft ideas for kids that won’t make a big mess? You’ve come to the right place. This craft project is simple, non-messy, and inexpensive.
13. Autumnal Sun Catcher: There’s a lot of room for creativity with this fall craft. For instance, your kiddos could use the leaves to make a special shape or design or they could use the leaves to spell out a word.
14. Leaf Jar Lantern: I love fall crafts for preschoolers and kids that are pretty and functional. Add one of those fake candle tea lights to these Mason jars and these lanterns can be used to provide mood lighting or even act as a night light.
Fall Craft Ideas with Trees
15. Painted Puzzle Piece Tree: Who knew painted puzzle pieces and a brown paper sack would make such a beautiful fall tree?
Tip: Keep this fall craft for toddlers and kids budget friendly by looking for puzzles at yard sales, your local thrift store, or the dollar store.
16. Paper Bag and Construction Paper Fall Tree: Here’s another great fall craft idea for kids. Trace their hand on a brown paper bag to create a tree trunk. Then let them glue on small pieces of colorful construction paper, tissue paper, or actual leaves to finish off this project.
17. Fall Tree Preschool Craft: All you need for this craft project is a few empty Play Dough containers (or other containers), paint, brown string, cardboard, and glue.
18. Colored Button Fall Tree: If you have a bunch of stray buttons saved up, then this fall craft for preschoolers is calling your name! Use random buttons in fall colors to create a beautiful tree.
19. Pretzel Trees: Fall crafts for toddlers and kids that combine art and snack time? Yes, please! 😉
20. Free Printable Apple Tree Craft: It’s always a good idea to have a stash of fall craft ideas for kids that are rainy day appropriate. Here’s one to add to your collection!
21. Autumn Tree Painting: You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ 🙂 If the answer is ‘yes,’ break out some newspaper or garbage bags to protect your floor and make your kiddo’s day by letting him or her do some painting.
Fall Craft Ideas with Pine Cones
22. Pine Cone Birds: If pine cones are abundant in your area, this fall craft for preschoolers and kids is perfect! Soak in some fresh air while hunting for the perfect pine cone for this project.
Bonus: Pine cone birds are great, but if you want to see some real birds try out this homemade cookie cutter bird feeder. (It’s also an appropriate fall craft for toddlers!)
23. Pine Cone People: Keep fall craft ideas for kids frugal by looking for projects that use the same materials. This particular pine cone craft uses many of the same materials you’d need to make the pine cone birds (see above).
24. Pine Cone Turkey: This is more than just another fall craft idea. It’s also the perfect Thanksgiving craft project!
Bonus: Have more pine cones than you know what to do with? No worries! Here are more easy fall craft ideas with pine cones.
Fall Craft Ideas with Hand Prints
25. Fall Hand Print Wreath: Grab some cute little hands and make this charming fall wreath!
Bonus: Can’t get enough fall wreaths? Here are 25 more DIY fall wreaths to try out!
26. Hand Print Hoot Owl: Who who wouldn’t love this fall craft for preschoolers and kids? (Get it? Who who 🙂 )
27. Hand Print Owl Fall Craft: This adorable fall craft for toddlers is as easy to make as it is cute! In other words, very!
Fall Craft Ideas with Pumpkins
28. Pumpkin Seed Fall Craft: Carving a pumpkin this year? Save all of those pumpkin seeds to use in this fun fall craft idea for kids.
29. Paper Plate Pumpkin Mask: All you need to finish this pumpkin mask off is a super cute face! 😉
Tip: Don’t have orange paint or don’t feel like standing nervously by while your kiddos wield paint? I hear ya! Let them color the paper plates with orange crayons or washable markers instead.
30. Paper Strip Pumpkin: I love fall crafts for preschoolers and kids that can be sized up or down. This project can be a stand alone or you could make a bunch of these pumpkins and string them together to create a mobile or a banner. Go ahead, get creative!
31. DIY Fabric Pumpkins: Okay, this fall craft for toddlers will require some adult intervention, but most of it is still suitable for little hands.
Tip: Don’t feel like you have to use orange fabric for this craft project. Feel free to get creative with those pumpkins and use whatever scraps of fabric you have on hand or that are on clearance at your local fabric store.
32. No Sew Yard Wrapped Pumpkins: Looking for more fall craft ideas for kids that allow you to recycle and reuse supplies? Look no further! This is a great way to repurpose those plastic grocery store bags.
33. Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers: Here’s another fall craft idea that is perfect for a rainy or cold day.
34. Paper Pumpkin Craft: Keep the day simple but fun with this paper craft.
Bonus: In need of fall craft ideas for adults? I absolutely adore these pumpkin wine glass centerpieces! Tackle them on your own or as a girls’ night in project. 🙂
Fall Craft Ideas for Halloween
35. Paper Plate Owl: Paint a couple of paper plates, affix the eyes, and add a beak—that’s all there is to this simple project. Make this fall craft for preschoolers and kids even easier by using this owl pattern.
36. Faux Stained Glass Candy Corn: Need age appropriate fall crafts for toddlers? You’re in the right place! This is a great way to capture your baby, preschool, and toddler’s hands as they grow each year.
37. Egg Carton Spiders: Okay, under normal circumstances, I am no fan of spiders. Yuck! But this fall craft idea for kids is actually pretty adorable. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle egg cartons!
38. Witch Paper Doll Craft: Here’s another oldie but a goodie—paper dolls! Do you remember those from when you were a kid? I do! Give paper dolls a spooky Halloween twist with this witch craft. (Ha, ha, get it? “witch craft?”)
39. Free Printable Hanging Bat Craft: Use this fall craft for preschoolers to create frugal Halloween decorations for your home.
MORE Fall Craft Ideas
40. Tissue Paper Apple Craft: Pumpkins are the star produce of the fall season, but don’t forget about apples! Celebrate this nutritious and delicious fruit with this fun fall craft for toddlers and kids.
Tip: In addition to being a great fall craft, this is also a fun back to school project. 🙂
41. Fizzy Paint Apple Craft: I’m a huge fan of fall craft ideas for kids that are fun, frugal, AND educational… and this is one of them!
Bonus: Want more fun and educational fall themed projects? Don’t miss out on this mini pumpkin volcano activity.
42. Personalized Table Runner: Welcome your dinner guests, including your Thanksgiving dinner guests, with this personalized table runner.
43. Felt Garland: Use leftover scraps of felt to create this fall craft for preschoolers.
44. Sunflower Card: Crafts are better when they’re shared, am I right? Brighten someone’s day with this heartfelt fall craft for toddlers, complete with real sunflower seeds in the center!
45. Acorn Toadstools: Get in as much time in the great outdoors as possible before winter rolls around! And while you’re out there, be sure to collect materials for fall craft ideas for kids like this one.
46. Pilgrim Hat Cookies: Holy yumminess! These cookies look almost too cute to eat. Almost. 😉
47. Turkey Salt Painting: Looking for fall crafts for preschoolers that allow them to try new art techniques? Look no further! Salt painting combines salt, glue, and watercolors in a creative and fun way.
48. Corn on the Cob Craft Painting: Have corn on the cob that’s going to waste? Use it in a fun fall craft for toddlers project like this one.
49. Craft Stick Scarecrows: Turn boring craft sticks into a couple of charming scarecrows by using googly eyes and felt.
There you have it! 50 fall craft ideas that are prefect for preschoolers, toddlers, kids, and even adults!
What are some of your favorite fall craft ideas for kids? Please share in the comments.