Easy Homemade Truffles: Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
I hate to break it to your waistline, but the holidays are coming. Don’t fight it. Resistance is futile. 🙂 I’ve long since given up swearing off holiday sweets… it always ends with me breaking down and scarfing a bunch of holiday fudge at 3 AM. Nope, I’ve learned that the trick to enjoying the holidays without packing on the pounds is moderation. One of my secrets? Go with bite sized desserts like the these easy homemade truffles instead of big slices of cake and pie.
Of course, this chocolate Christmas candies recipe has benefits other than being bite sized. First off, they’re delicious. Seriously, if you’re a Godiva fan you’ve got to try these easy homemade truffles. They’re just as tasty and far cheaper.
Plus, as the name implies, they’re easy. Believe it or not, you only need 5 ingredients for this chocolate Christmas candies recipe. While these easy homemade truffles require a few more steps than many of the recipes I’ve shared in the past, each step is really simple. For example, step 8 is placing your easy homemade truffle filing in the freezer for 15-20 minutes… you can manage that, right?
Another thing I really like about these easy homemade truffles is that they don’t look or taste easy. Trust me, if you turn up to a holiday gathering with these chocolate truffles, people are sure to be impressed. I know, I know, the holidays aren’t about impressing people… they’re about spending time with loved ones but it’s always nice when someone is impressed by a dish you’ve made. Trust me, when your friends, family, or coworkers start asking you for this chocolate Christmas candies recipe it’ll make your day!
Embrace the holiday season and indulge your sweet tooth with these easy homemade truffles! 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Carefully chop hazelnuts into small pieces.
3. Spread hazelnuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
4. Toss hazelnuts and bake for another 7 minutes.
5. Remove hazelnuts from the oven and set aside to cool.
6. Place wafer cookies into a plastic bag and crush them with your fingers.
7. In a large bowl, mix together crushed wafers, 1 1/2 cups of toasted hazelnuts, and Nutella.
8. Place bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
9. Remove bowl from the freezer; use a tablespoon to scoop filling out of the bowl and shape it into balls.
10. Freeze balls for another 15 minutes.
11. In a separate bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted
12. Mix the rest of the toasted hazelnuts into the melted chocolate chips and coconut oil.
13. Insert a toothpick into each hazelnut ball and dip each one into the melted chocolate mix.
14. Set dipped hazelnut balls on a piece of parchment paper and place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes to harden.
15. Enjoy your easy homemade truffles!
Loving this chocolate Christmas candies recipe? Load up on more sweets with this: