Thanks to essential oils, this all natural perfume roller recipe doesn’t just smell good! It can also alter your mood.
DIY All Natural Perfume Roller
No one wants to smell bad, right? However, why stop at smelling good? What I mean is, why use store-bought perfumes with their heavy artificial fragrances to achieve a pleasant smell when you could be doing so much more with essential oils? This all natural perfume roller recipe uses essential oils to not only ensure you smell good naturally but to help enhance or alter your mood.
For example, you could create an all natural perfume roller with an essential oil combo that’ll work as a little pick-me-up. A citrus combo is a great way to kick off the day or power through that 3 p.m. slump. Bonus: It’s a lot healthier than hitting the vending machine for a sugary pick-me-up. 😉
The essential oil combos you can create for your all natural perfume roller are practically endless, which is great because it means you can get precisely the scent you desire.
Psst! Scroll down (past the ingredients list) for suggested essential oil combos for your natural perfume rollers.
In addition to being natural and customizable, I love these natural perfume rollers because they’re so darn easy to make. Seriously, once you figure out which essential oil combo (or combos!) you want to use, you can make a natural perfume roller in less than 5 minutes.
If you make homemade bath and beauty products on a regular basis you probably already have essential oils on hand. If so, whipping up a natural perfume roller (or two) will be very, very low cost. Way cheaper than any perfume you can purchase at the store! 🙂
Tip: This all natural perfume roller is great for you but if you want to freshen up your whole house consider whipping up this homemade linen spray or DIY room spray.
Carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil or grapeseed oil)
*Tip: Make this natural perfume roller recipe a little easier and avoid cross-contamination by having a dedicated eye dropper for each essential oil bottle.
SUGGESTED ESSENTIAL OIL COMBOS
Not sure what essential oils to use in your all natural perfume roller? Consider trying one (or more!) of the following:
- Feminine combo – Lavender and patchouli
- Mood boosting combo – White Fir and bergamot
- Relaxing combo – Copaiba, frankincense, and Stress Away
- Fruity combo – Grapefruit, lemon, and orange
- Romantic combo – Orange, frankincense, and cinnamon
- Happiness inducing combo – Joy and valor
- Oriental (or exotic) combo – Copaiba, jasmine, and orange
- Grounding combo – Rosemary, cedarwood, juniper, and orange
1. Remove the cap and roller ball from the bottle.
2. Use an eye dropper or pipette to fill the bottle ¾ of the way full with the carrier oil.
3. Add 25-30 drops of your favorite combo of essential oils.
Tip: If you are using “hot” oils like cinnamon, black pepper, or peppermint, use a little less and do a skin test as even in a carrier oil they may irritate sensitive skin.
4. Replace the roller ball and cap and shake well to combine.
5. Label your all natural perfume roller.
1. Swirl to combine ingredients.
2. Uncap natural perfume roller.
3. Roll on.
Tip: For best results, roll onto pulse points like your wrists.
Looking for more ways to remove harmful chemicals from your daily routines? Opt for essential oils! Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun and Essential Oil Recipes Pinterest board for more easy and effective all natural recipes!
Sarah L says
I have a couple of these that I made. Easy and make good gifts.
Yep, I agree, Sarah! Homemade perfume rollers make great DIY gift ideas! 🙂 Kelli
do you have a recipe to replace men’s cologne?
Hi Karen, I don’t but great idea! Thanks! 🙂 Kelli