Best Frugal Living Tips for Clothes
- Dry your clothes on a clothesline – this will save you money on electricity (you aren’t running the dryer) and keep your clothes looking like new longer.
- Buy quality clothes – you will pay more upfront; however, the clothes will last a long time. Remember, you can get quality clothes at thrift shops.
- Be a seamstress, make your own and patch up your own clothes. Don’t just throw something out because it has a tiny hole.
- Avoid buying dry clean only clothes whenever possible. This frugal living tip also saves you time – no more running to and from the dry cleaners!
- Don’t be a slave to the latest trends. Buy classic clothes and accessorize to make it new again and current.
Best Frugal Living Tips for Food
- Cook more and eat out less.
- Grow your own food when possible.
- Buy in bulk when it makes sense, do the calculations to ensure it is the smart decision.
- Shop at ethnic stores. For instance Indian grocery stress typically have lower prices on spices. This frugal living tip will also help you expand your culinary horizons.
- Look for cheap recipes on Pinterest.
Best Frugal Living Tips for Home
- Make your own homemade cleaners including laundry detergent.
- Eliminate utilities and services you don’t need (i.e. cable or land line phone).
- Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’, buy the size of house you actually need.
- Buy and sell home furnishings on sites like Craig’s List.
- Invest in a deep freezer to store extra meals. This will help reduce the impulse to eat out.