No one likes throwing money away. In fact, no matter how much money you have, it always feels good to save a little or score a bargain. However, how many times have you seen frugal living tips on the television or online and thought “yeah, like that’s going to happen.” A lot of times frugal living tips just don’t seem practical. For example, who has 7 hours a day to spend hunting down and clipping coupons? Not this busy mom! 🙂
Not all frugal living tips are time consuming or impractical; in fact, here are 50 of the best completely realistic frugal living tips.
To learn more frugal living tips and ways to save money, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Money Saving Tips Pinterest board.
Best Frugal Living Tips for Shopping
- Shop at thrift stores, garage sales and online consignment shops like Thredup. Utilizing this frugal living tip, you can often find name brand goods at bargain bin prices.
- Conduct research and due diligence before making large purchases like cars and appliances.
- Learn price points on items you buy regularly.
- This point combines two frugal living tips in one: negotiate with utility companies; don’t accept the first offer you receive especially when dealing with internet, cable and phone providers. If you bundle multiple services you often have more leverage in negotiating.
- Shop around for the most cost effective cell phone agreement based on your usage.
Best Frugal Living Tips for Health
- Focus on maintaining good health, and actively participate in preventative care as this can save you a lot of money later on.
- Skip the expensive fitness club, head outdoors to work up a sweat.
- Negotiate with the insurance company for lower priced medications or to reduce existing medical expenses.
- If you don’t have vision insurance, try ordering your glasses online from sites like Zenni Optical. This frugal living tip is also fashion friendly – you can score 3 frames for less than the price of 1 at most retail locations meaning you can mix and match frames to coordinate with different outfits.
- Buy generic prescriptions at Costco.
Best Frugal Living Tips for Finances
- Forgo hiring a professional to manage your money, do it yourself. Educate yourself with a host of online resources like these Family CFO tools. This frugal living tip has a secondary benefit – it’ll leave you feeling empowered!
- Be a savvy shopper and sign up to earn cash back and other rewards.
- Get yourself on a budget – now!
- Snag freebies to save money. A few ways freebies save money is they make great travel size items, allow you to try new items before you buy them, and come in handy when you run out of any item.
- Refuse to pay full price whenever possible.