Money Saving Apps
Okay, okay, these aren’t technically “money making apps” but they’re nothing to sneeze at. These awesome apps will help you save big! In my opinion, saving money is just as good as making money, so be sure to check out these apps too.
28. Walmart Savings Catcher – One of my secrets to saving money groceries shopping is to ask your store to price match a competitor. Walmart is one such store that is more than happy to help you out by matching advertised prices elsewhere. However, spotting those savings opportunities can be a pain in the butt… that’s where this money saving app comes into play. Enter your receipt number or scan the barcode and if the Savings Center app finds a lower advertised price you get the difference.
29. RedLaser – This app really adds a high tech element to any shopping trip. With RedLaser you can:
– Scan a barcode to find the best price both locally and online
– Search for coupons, deals, and weekly circulars
– Read reviews
– See nutrition facts
– Find nearby stores including in-store maps and hours of operation
– Find alternatives to products you recently viewed
– Scan and store loyalty cards
30. RetailMeNot – Search thousands of deals in one location so you never overpay for a product or meal again!
31. Coupons.com – Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, this app will help keep money in your wallet. See coupon codes and discounts for your favorite products in one place. Plus, add card-linked-offers directly to the app so you can save money easily. Last but not least, the grocery offers associated with this app are valid at ALL (yep, you read that right) retailers!
32. Gas Buddy – I HATE it when I finally break down and fill up my tank only to see gas cheaper someplace else five minutes later. I feel like I’m going to turn into the Hulk and just start smashing things (only kidding of course)! However, thanks to Gas Buddy, the city can rest easy… this app helps you find the cheapest gas around. Bonus: If you contribute by reporting gas prices you can earn special rewards and you have a chance to win $100 in gas gift cards everyday! This is a money saving and money making app!
33. Target Cartwheel – If you’re a Target fan, the Target Cartwheel app has got to be a part of your savvy shopping arsenal. With this app you can scan items to see if any deals are available and browse the app for offers. You can use any discounts as often as you want until they expire and even stack them on top of other discounts (such as the 5% you save by using your Target REDcard).
34. Favado – Never overpay again with the help of Favado! Tell them your favorite brands and products and they’ll point you to the best price in town. Plus: integrate with Cellfire to load digital coupons onto your store loyalty cards. Plus, plus: get access to exclusive coupons that match the items already on sale so you can save even more money.
35. ShopSavvy – Find low prices with the press of a button (er, well, actually, with the scan of a barcode… but that doesn’t sound as catchy). Lower price at another store? No worries! Shopsavvy will figure out if the store you are at offers price matching. Bonus: Enable sale alerts on products so you get notified whenever there’s a new deal!
Not so Virtual
These money making apps will require you to leave the virtual world for the real world.
36. Ride – Instead of costing you a bunch of money, your car could be making you a bunch of money with the help of “Ride”. Save up to $5,000 per year by taking advantage of this ride sharing app.
37. Task Rabbit – Are you a “Jack of all trades”? Then this money making app is for you! Get paid to do everything from house cleaning to furniture building.